Imagine a job which gives you an opportunity to have a positive impact in the economy.
We are radically changing the way how we view and use data. We produce petabytes a day, gathered from network usage to our 1000s of engineers building and maintaining networks every day.
To ensure that we provide a service to our customers that is right ‘First Time, Every Time, On Time’ we are focusing on a customer centric data revolution. This means our goal is to become an insight enabled organisation, through data driven transformation. Fuelled by the democratisation of data, empowering our people through dedicated data literacy programmes, all underpinned by high quality analytics & data management using the latest data technology and innovative delivery methods.
The Data and Cloud team are accountable for driving and defining our scope of a programme to deliver Openreach’s journey to Cloud programme. As part of this, we will need to ensure all data is transitioned to the cloud in a co-ordinated way. You will be expected to:
- Gather requirements across the unit on the data and assets that need to be built into the cloud.
- Ensure that data and assets are moved to the cloud in a managed way, prioritising the areas that will deliver the most value in the shortest timeframe.
- Co-ordinate the data teams across the business units to deliver the requirements on-time.
- Ensure that the benefits delivered by the assets moved to cloud are tracked and cashed.
- Encourage and support user adoption to the Cloud Delivery and harness the power of moving to the Cloud.
- Accountable for project delivery including key timely updates against time, cost and risk management.
- Identify use cases for the data office from cloud data then tracks the benefits of these projects.
- Ability to understand stakeholder requirements and manage stakeholders effectively.
- High level of confidence, able to demonstrate initiative and have the ability to work flexibly within the team in order to ensure that we are delivering projects to time and budget.
- Strong communication and data presentation skills.
- An advocate of continuous improvement and ability to deliver projects that provide business benefit.
- Proactive and flexible and have excellent communication skills.
- Facilitation of multiple teams, experience on multiple projects/programmes.
- Knowledge and experience of agile delivery.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Norwich, GB
Application Deadline: N/A