In this exciting opportunity, you will manage a matrixed team to support the identification of improvement areas, define solutions, test through proof of concept and pilot stages, sign-off delivery of an approved solution, and deliver into service.
You will also act as an ambassador for transformation and change and you will influence operational people by adopting different working practices by closely involving them in the development of business casing/idea generation and enabling them to implement and sustain the changes.
The role is a critical part of Openreach’s Programme Pole strategy, with plans to scale and transform poling capacity and performance across all of our Partner and Direct Labour teams nationally.
- Deliver on all aspects of strategic improvement/change initiatives/ discovery activity to support the national Poling function within Chief Engineer organisation
- Undertake high-level insightful analysis to design and manage business improvement initiatives that deliver defined business outcomes.
- Develop and deliver solutions, test through proof of concept and pilot stages, sign-off and delivery of an approved solution, including providing the information required to secure capex investment where required
- Deliver key business improvement and change programmes linked directly to the business strategy, including management of junior team members and wider matrixed team
- Ensuring your delivery of projects/programmes is in a standard and consistent approach to developing transformation solutions, following the appropriate gating and governance
- To maintain an excellent relationship with key internal/ external stakeholders and suppliers as appropriate.
- The ability to test/challenge current thinking and implement new approaches, practices/policies.
- Evidence of project management experience
- Excellent ability to influence decision makers.
- Excellent ability to lead and direct high performance teams.
- Understanding of the formulation of the measures set that will underpin key programmes/ major change initiatives.
- Experience in writing business cases and/or advocating for adoption of transformation / change programmes
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Manchester, GBManchester, GB
Application Deadline: N/A