You will be managing a project (with one direct report) and to deliver transformational change (people, process and systems) initiatives/programmes across Fibre and Network Delivery to realise our strategy and meet key business objectives. You will make sure that change is governed through build and deployment stages to ensure programme and key sign off criteria success to meet Fibre Network Delivery goals.
You will also realise business benefits including cost efficiencies, service, performance improvements and transform operational capability – this leads to a better customer experience and ensures we meet regulatory commitments (MSL’s and other regulatory measures).
Support engagement at Director level to ensure benefit sign off, delivery support and conflict/risk resolution resulting in the successful delivery of programmes.
Working closely with the Portfolio team to ensure a consistent way to governance and way of working across FND for change/transformation initiatives.
Providing guidance to operational change teams to ensure change lands successfully and is sustainable.
Accountable for the successful delivery of the project(s), from design through build, deployment and handover into sustain with the change being considered as BAU, including their alignment to FND/Openreach strategy, objectives and scorecard.
Managing the team and engaging at Principal (director when appropriate) level to sign off delivery roadmap.
Responsible for assuring delivery across a matrix team, including Regional, Customer, Central Ops and Partner functions, the operations (SME’s and management), CTIO/TSO etc., Finance, HR etc. This includes regular engagement and influencing at director level.
Ensure the team meets the change deployment principles and hands over sustainability through engagement and partnership working with operational, customer and partners change teams.
Inputting to thought leadership/ strategy on the scope of the project across FND, Openreach and, where appropriate, with industry.
Responsible for managing programme risk and impact to operational performance and ensuring change is successfully delivered.
Taking personal responsibility for key stakeholders at a senior level on behalf of the projects; working closely with the operational sponsors to manage the relationships; co-ordinating the activities of the matrixed teams to mobilise the programme.
- Experience of managing change (delivery) programmes in a fast paced environment including: cultural, system, process and people impact.
- Understanding of change governance and the ability to direct a team to deliver change across a large organisation.
- Strong analytical capability, commercial and financial acumen
- Understanding of current business, commercial and industry objectives and trends
- Stakeholder management; able to build and maintain a range of senior stakeholder relationships and influence stakeholders to support change agenda. (Internal and external)
- Ability to communicate complex problems / solutions in an articulate manner, using data to support your argument and influence stakeholders
- Understanding of existing regulatory framework, including regulatory finance and implications for P&L
- Capable of dealing with ambiguity and translating into business requirements
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Manchester, GB
Application Deadline: N/A