Website The State of New York
As a business unit of IDEX Corporation, IH&S has a long history of driving growth in life sciences and healthcare by embracing innovation and redefining the supplier-customer relationship. The work we do every day allows us to discover key insights and break new ground to create some of the most meaningful technologies that have a lasting impact on companies, industries, and society. One of business segments is called Life Science Optics and we are looking to add more talent to the team.
Our newly opened Optics Center of Excellence (COE) in West Henrietta, NY , is a manufacturing and R&D focused team that sits at the leading edge of high-end optics for life sciences. Focused on assisting partners at every stage of the development processes, we invest in people and infrastructure to drive bold ideas and pragmatic solutions. With its optics-rich foundation of talent, universities, and supporting businesses, Rochester is the ideal location to elevate your career with fascinating work and endless opportunities.
Our formula for success is simple. We work hard to maintain a culture where you can own your work; you are encouraged to try new ideas in a collaborative environment; and you can apply your skillset to enable our clients to gain a competitive advantage in their own market. At IDEX Health & Science, you have the opportunity to work with a great group of people, mentor others, and build a great future
- The Quality Engineer is an integral part of the organization, leading, collaborating, facilitating and supporting the needs of the organization with a sense of ownership and integrity fostering a positive work environment and a shared Quality Culture
- Take initiative, a sense of ownership and follow through is essential to the health of the organization
- The ability to openly and willingly communicate at all levels, including customers and suppliers, is critical to enhance process efficiency and productivity
- Positive team player, someone that can be counted on to contribute fully and willingly to go the extra mile to meet the goals of the team and the company as a whole
- Actively assuring compliance to ISO.9001, company policies and customer requirements
- Responsible for assuring customer and supplier quality performances
- Implement quality planning, control plan, FMEA, inspection methodology, and root cause analysis
- Work with Operations and Engineering to increase efficiency through the improvement of in-house and supplier manufacturing processes, and product quality/reliability
- Developing and managing KPI’s, databases and countermeasures as required for continuous improvements
- Participate in Material Review Board activities and feedback to suppliers
- Root cause analysis and implementation of corrective action for process related concerns
- Responsible for continual improvement activities to enhance processes and the quality system, such as 5S, Kaizen Lean methods, Six Sigma etc.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 3 years Quality Engineering experience
- Demonstrated experience within a manufacturing operation
- Experience with opto-mechanical assemblies and laser alignment to develop and implement equipment & procedures necessary to assemble, test, and contribute to the manufacture of high-performance imaging systems
Company: The State of New York
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Albany, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A