Website Norfolk Southern
Responsible for safe, efficient, and scheduled train performance on assigned territory.
- Ensures annual rules classes are held for train service employees and verifies compliance with the rules by monitoring performance on a continuing basis.
- Provides support in investigating accidents and injuries to determine cause and minimize future occurrences.
- Plans the operation of local trains to provide required service to customers and fulfill service requirements.
- Requires a good working knowledge of safety and operating rules, train operations, FRA regulations, hazardous materials, labor agreements and corporate policies as well as Thoroughbred Yard Enterprise System (TYES), crew call, and other applications.
- Requires ability to operate track switches, couple cars, maneuvering onto and off of equipment, and perform work around freight trains.
- Develops, motivates, and trains employees who work in the assigned territory.
Minimum Level: 1-2 years Preferred Level: 3-5 years
Qualification & Experience:
Preferred Level: Bachelor’s Degree (BS)
Company: Norfolk Southern
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Newport News, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A