Next Beauty was founded in 2018, introducing a branded beauty offering onto Next.co.uk – the number one fashion website in the UK. After two whirlwind years, and the successful acquisition of over 300+ luxury beauty brands, Next Beauty has quickly become one of the UK’s most-trusted beauty retailers, and a beauty destination for both beginners and seasoned pros. Most recently expanding into our first-ever standalone Beauty & Home Stores across the UK.
We’re proud to offer an extensive collection of the world’s best brands, including CHANEL, MAC, Tom Ford, Clarins, ghd, Estée Lauder, YSL, and The Ordinary – curated by our expert team of beauty enthusiasts. As we evolve and continue to grow our brand portfolio, our goal is to become the number one destination for beauty that’s delivering a profitable and sustainable business.
- Build effective long term relationships with external suppliers.
- Provide Comp Shop summary in advance of weekly trade meetings to support Buyers trade email
- Take responsibility and react quickly to customer complaints or product issues with technical faults or Health and safety issues
- Working with Merchandise Standards team to resolve
- Managing Master Brand document up to date with accurate customer contact information.
- Follow up suppliers queries promptly and efficiently.
- Monitoring daily sales, sharing any observations and suggesting actions.
- Taking prompt action, monitoring daily sales, sharing any observations and suggesting actions
- Support Buyer with preparation and follow up for strategy meetings with suppliers and internal range review meetings.
- Responsible for the management of Buying Office samples, coordinating to meet shoot deadlines.
- Build relationships and regularly communicate with internal stakeholders including Merchandising, Marketing and Online Trading to ensure key dates are met and product is launched on time.
- Timely uploading of product information into our systems.
- Interpret results to identify opportunities and mitigate risks.
- Demonstrate openness and flexibility, embrace change and the development of new skills
- Think creatively and drive productivity through a relentless approach to get things done
- Treat all others with compassion, respect and understanding
- Demonstrate behaviour that exemplifies the highest commitment to quality and service to each other, the company, suppliers and customers
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strive for excellence, delivering top quality product and service and take responsibility for your actions and decisions
- Contribute to a high morale working environment through cooperation and support
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Glasgow, GB
Application Deadline: N/A