Website State of North Carolina
This position provides administrative support for the Office of Communications within the Department of Health and Human Services. The position answers the phones, plans and coordinates a volume and variety of appointments, meetings, conferences and workshops for the Communications team, assists with the intake and completion of media requests, social media posts and tracking, reporting weekly communications activities, and implementing communication initiatives. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Communications Director.
- Answer phone calls and serve as a primary point of contact for inquiries.
- Make purchases using E-Procurement and P-Cards according to departmental guidelines and accurately process invoices, reconcile statements, create and audit bank deposits.
- Correct grammar, vocabulary, spelling and other terminology while composing and/or proofreading correspondence.
- Regular interaction with members of the news media, public citizens and other stakeholders.
- File, sort mail, use a copier, fax machine, and access electronic database files.
- Schedule meetings using Microsoft Outlook and Teams.
- Manage incoming request for communications assistance.
Salary Grade: GN07; Recruitment Range: $32,703 – $47,000
To receive credit for all of your work history and credentials, you must list the information on the application form. Any information listed under the text resume section or on an attachment will not be considered for qualifying credit.
- Considerable knowledge of routine office practices and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly and concisely communicate information (both orally and in writing).
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams).
- Proven ability to process mail, email, answer multi-telephone lines, order supplies, complete purchase orders, maintain office equipment such as copiers/scanner, fax/printer.
- Proven ability to maintain multiple calendars, including setting up and changing appointments.
- Proven ability to independently work and prioritize tasks with minimal instruction.
- Excellent organizational skills in relation to data collection, storage, retrieval of records and files.
- Capacity to multi-task, work with frequent interruptions, and assist staff in a high-volume setting.
Company: State of North Carolina
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Myrtle Beach, SC, US
Application Deadline: N/A