Website State of North Carolina
This is a RE-POST of position number 60064963. Previous applicants MUST RE-APPLY to be considered.
Reporting to the Administrative Officer III, this position will function in the Accounting Department of a male medium custody level facility.
- Ensuring uniform accounting procedures are followed in processing requisitions, warehouse and contact vendor purchases, and payables.
- Adhering to Department of Public Safety (DPS) Fiscal Policies and Procedures while managing in-house procurement systems and processes as an integral part of the checks and balances needed to ensure compliance.
- Reporting financial accounting data and specializing in purchasing and payables but will be required to perform other accounting duties such as trust fund and canteen reporting.
- Controlling Fixed Assets to ensure accountability of all equipment assigned to the facility.
- Planning organizing, reading, and analyzing data for accuracy.
- Problem solving and interpreting various policies and procedures.
- Monitoring the budget and verifying encumbrances and expenditures on a daily basis.
- Disseminating budget information to the Administrative Officer III and preparing budget summary reports at least monthly.
- Recommending budget transfers and monitoring all operational and welfare accounts to ensure funds for purchases are available.
- Maintaining all logs, files, and reports.
- Assisting with procurement and payable files.
- Monitoring operational and welfare accounts by reviewing monthly North Carolina Accounting System (NCAS) reports.
DPS uses the Merit-Based Recruitment and Selection Plan to fill positions subject to the State Human Resources Act with the most qualified individuals. Hiring salary will be based on relevant qualifications, internal equity and budgetary considerations pertinent to the advertised position.
- Applicants seeking Veteran’s Preference must attach a DD-214 Member-4 Form (Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty) to their applications.
- If applicants earned college credit hours but did not complete a degree program, they must attach an unofficial transcript to each application to receive credit for this education.
- If applying for a position certified through the NC Department of Justice – Criminal Justice Standards Division, click this link for specific certification requirements: Correctional & Probation/Parole Officer Certification.
- The NC Department of Public Safety must adhere to the US Department of Justice Final Rule on the “National Standards to Prevent, Detect, and Respond to Prison Rape.” Click this link for information on hiring and promotion prohibition requirements for all positions in the NC Department of Public Safety: PREA Hiring and Promotion Prohibitions.
Company: State of North Carolina
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Florence, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A