Website State of North Carolina
This is a repost; previous applicants do not need to reapply and are still being considered for this position.
The Administrative Specialist position provides administrative/clerical support to several professional and specialty staff
- Provide general office support such as: answering phones; mail retrieval and distribution, greeting visitors, checking in equipment and sending faxes
- Providing support to ILS staff, creating authorizations; processing claims; ordering aids, appliances, AT, and other equipment
- Setting up case files, corresponding with consumers, vendors, visitors, and other DSB staff (written and verbal)
- Data input/retrieval and processing medical eye care claims
- Provides basic technical support for computers, software programs, and other office equipment
- making copies, filing, and others as assigned
This job requires: fingering; lifting up to 30 pounds (occasionally); reaching, stooping, talking, and hearing. Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
High School Diploma or General Educational Development (GED) diploma and two years of related administrative experience;
Equivalent combination of education and experience.
Supplemental and Contact Information
The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The DHHS Division of Human Resources (DHR) follows the State Human Resources Employment of Relatives Policy. Applicants who have relatives or people living in the same household, will not be considered for job vacancies in the DHR at those locations. For a complete definition of immediate family member, please see the State Human Resources Workforce Planning, Recruitment and Selection Policy, Section 2, Page 38.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information regarding the status of your application over the phone. To check the status of your application, please log in to your account. You will either receive a call to schedule an interview or an email notifying you when the job has been filled.
Company: State of North Carolina
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Winston Salem, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A