Website State of North Carolina
If you are a current NC State Government employee, you will not be considered for a temporary assignment. Temporary Solutions cannot accommodate dual employment.
Individuals hired into a temporary State job must be fully qualified for the job. OSHR supports the Governor’s Job Ready initiative and seeks to expand a temporary’s skill set to enhance their qualifications for State government and private sector jobs. Exposure to an agency’s culture, process, procedures and potential learning opportunities can provide valuable experience to those who may ultimately seek permanent employment with the state.
This temporary position is located in Fayetteville – Cumberland County. There are no leave or retirement benefits offered. Visit www.nctemporarysolutions.com for employment information.[NOTE: Qualified applicants must meet and CLEARLY reflect on their application training and experience and all knowledge, skills, abilities and any experience or competencies specified in the supplemental question(s) to be considered.]
Willingness to engage in extensive training in order to become knowledgeable of WIOA/PETS legislation
Experience working with youth ages 14-21 years of age, school staff and providers
Experience working with individuals with disabilities
Ability to use MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) efficiently in composing letters, presentations and reports.
Willingness to learn and work within an electronic case management system
Excellent communication skills for interacting with eligible individuals, employers, vendors, agency staff and others as required.
Reporting to the Maintenance / Construction Supervisor, this position will provide Clerical Support Services to the Maintenance Department.
- Effectively maintaining files/records according to departmental policy to allow quick, easy access, and retrieval of information requested.
- Composing reports with limited instruction from supervisor; proofreading documents for spelling/punctuation/grammar.
- Inputting and comprehending computer-generated data.
- Reviewing completed tasks to ensure accuracy/integrity of information.
- Meeting daily/monthly deadlines and multi-talking when necessary.
- Working independently as well as in very close proximity to inmates and other staff.
- Operating various office equipment including fax machines, computers, typewriters, calculators, and copiers.
- Using a multi-line telephone system.
This is a full-time position working rotating shifts with State Benefits.
Bachelor’s degree in a discipline relative to the program served from an appropriately accredited institution; or Bachelor’s degree from an appropriately accredited institution and one year of experience in an area related to program that provides experience in techniques of casework or counseling; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Company: State of North Carolina
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Fayetteville, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A