Website State of North Carolina
The Transportation Engineering Associates (TEA) Program at the North Carolina Department of Transportation (DOT) is an 18-month training program that orients newly graduated engineers on the major organizational functions of the various highway units, branches and divisions, and provides a broad background and practical application of highway engineering. The program consists of approximately 65 positions with engineers moving from one assignment to another during an18-month period that centers on developing future leaders with the skills, training and experience necessary to perform in a variety of areas at DOT upon completion of the program.This position reports to the Transportation Engineering Associates (TEA) Program Manager and performs a variety of duties related to supporting the TEA Program, Cooperative Education Program, and its participants. The primary purpose of the position is to process all HR action forms and documents related to hiring, tracking, assignment changes, salary adjustments of Engineering Associates, and expense reimbursements. This position serves as one of the primary contacts by phone or email to TEA and Co-op participants, HR Personnel Technicians, and DOT managers/supervisors during the TEA 18-month assignments. This position is responsible for initiating HR action forms, organizing, maintaining, updating and distribution of all correspondence related to the maintenance and facilitation of the programs.
Qualified applicants must submit an application that clearly reflects work experience that demonstrates the following:
- Considerable knowledge of standard departmental and unit applications such as Word, Excel, SAP, Outlook, Power Point, Access, People Admin, NEOGOV, etc.
- Human Resources knowledge and experience processing payroll actions in an HRIS (HR Information System)
- Knowledge and experience administering Time management including; entry, review and approval utilizing SAP
- Experience entering and processing expense vouchers and payment of invoices
- Demonstrated ability to compose written communication using proper grammar, sentence structure, vocabulary, spelling and demonstrated ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Management prefers experience:
Demonstrated organizational skills;
High school diploma or General Educational Development (GED) diploma and two years of related administrative experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Company: State of North Carolina
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Washington, DC, US
Application Deadline: N/A