Website State of North Carolina
Under the Department of Commerce, the mission of the Division of Employment Security is to administer the unemployment insurance system for the state of North Carolina by delivering efficient, effective and quality service.This position is primarily responsible for providing assurance and consulting services within the Division of Employment Security and examines the UI Claims, Benefits Integrity, DES Adjudication, Appeals, and Tax units for compliance with the United States Department of Labor quality and accuracy standards and for the existence of internal controls.
- Conduct in depth investigations and audits of randomly selected unemployment insurance claims to detect and correct improper benefit payments according to U. S. Department of Labor standards.
- Investigators will examine, collect, and interpret accounting, payroll record data, and separation information from employing units to determine correctness of UI Benefit payments or denials.
- Contacts will be made with claimants, employers, and third parties to examine payroll, personnel records, and job applications to determine compliance with Unemployment Insurance (UI) eligibility requirements.
- Agency records will be examined to determine if correct procedures were followed during the UI claims process.
- Analyze the data gathered in the investigation, summarize the data in a written format, code the case date into the unit database and make recommendations for disposition of any claim issue including fraud.
- Must be able to travel, to include some overnight travel and work non-standard hours.
Salary Grade: GN10
To receive credit for all your work history and credentials, you must list the information on the application form. Any information listed under the text resume section or on an attachment will not be considered for qualifying credit.
Demonstrated thorough knowledge of the provisions of the Employment Security Law, Regulations and Procedures.
Demonstrated work experience analyzing and interpreting payroll data.
Demonstrated work experience applying investigative techniques.
Demonstrated work experience planning and effectively carry out assignments with time limits for case completion.
Demonstrated work experience using Microsoft Word, Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Excel.
Company: State of North Carolina
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New Bern, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A