As a team member in the Finance and Internal Audit department at Nationwide, the opportunities are endless! You can grow and learn in diverse areas across many disciplines such as Advanced Analytics, Investments, Actuarial, Accounting, Risk Management, Critical Business Advisor and so much more. Let Nationwide help create your career journey Has deep domain knowledge of company operations, systems and actuarial methodologies. Provides leadership direction and oversight for the creation or performance of complex actuarial techniques and procedures and complex mathematical and quantitative actuarial and risk analysis. Manages research to clarify complex actuarial models and risk issues; directs others to maintain documentation of actuarial analysis, and preparation of the actuarial portion of financial reports, tax returns, and responses to insurance regulators; ensures that actuarial systems and databases conform to and utilize actuarial setting methodologies that produce efficient, consistent, and integrated data & analysis. Will provide strategic or domain-knowledge leadership, coordinate and perform actuarial analyses to assist in the development of complex actuarial models and business recommendations. Works independently and leads (directly and indirectly) others on complex projects. Reports to Actuarial Manager, or other financial/actuarial management.
- Provides strategic direction and expert knowledge for the construction of complex testing tools and analysis of product calculations.
- Provides strategic direction and expert knowledge for the construction, maintenance and execution of Actuarial, Projection & Valuation Models.
- Provides strategic direction and expert knowledge for the analyzing risks for lines of business.
- Provides strategic direction and expert knowledge for the establishing reserves and other valuation items under multiple accounting regimes (statutory, GAAP, and tax) for products.
- Provides strategic direction and expert knowledge for the analysis and pricing of reinsurance.
- Provides strategic direction and expert knowledge for the financial reporting & analysis.
- Leads, provides expert knowledge, creates strategies for pricing and implementation of products.
- Expert knowledge of actuarial business functions, statistical methods of analysis, actuarial models, actuarial software and databases; expert knowledge of company operations, products, systems and actuarial methodologies; expert knowledge of Company, Industry, and Regulatory practices. Mastery of Microsoft Office products (including VBA within Access and Excel), analytical software (such as tableau) and programming languages. Proficiency level of organizational agility and conflict management. Proficient level of command skills, strategic agility, delegation, motivating others, business perspective, and accounting. Mastery level of perspective, problem solving, customer focus, dealing with ambiguity, drive for results, analysis, learning.
Qualification & Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or similar background requiring modeling, programming, or quantitative analysis.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Canton, OH, US
Application Deadline: N/A