This role will provide common leadership to the staff underwriting and product teams for commercial agribusiness and farm owners. This leader will identify areas in which we can be more consistent and effective. This role will allow us to develop a highly technical staff underwriting that can help drive profit strategies within each product portfolio. This leader will build out centers of excellence per line of business, and will also have responsibility for R&D, developing a robust training program, regulatory compliance, working with our Enterprise Risk Management partners, and our respective line leadership.
- Develops strategic plans to improve profitability in all lines of business on a national scope. Responsible for strong communication of these plans to associates and works closely with peers and leaders across disciplines to carry out strategic intent. Consults with internal and external business partners regarding policy and practice. Provides direction for strategic plans and helps identify opportunities and efficiencies. Leads change initiatives impacting the department.
- Engages at a national level with industry organizations that share common Agribusiness interests to contribute to policy and practice discussions.
- Understands and drives business processes and product decisions based on the needs of the customer.
- Works closely with internal and external business partners to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Directs associates’ performance, management, salary planning and administration, training/development, organizational planning, and hiring.
- Ideally, this leader will have experience in both line and staff underwriting leadership, as well as familiarity with our products and exposures. Technical knowledge and credibility are going to be important for leading this group. This leader must have the ability to assemble a highly technical team and must be able to effectively communicate strategy and direction. This leader should be skilled in gaining buy in/agreement from other business units and functions as guidelines, letters of authority, referrals, etc. are developed and implemented.
Qualification & Experience:
- 10 years industry/leadership/underwriting experience preferred.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Des Moines, IA, US
Application Deadline: N/A