Website National Trust
Our colleagues work for the National Trust in many locations and sometimes don’t have easy access to internal vacancy listings. Using the internet ensures we can reach as many of our colleagues as possible. We appreciate that this can be frustrating for external talent. Do note that some roles are released externally after an initial period of time.
Rangers play an important role at the National Trust and are pivotal in helping look after our special places, for everyone, forever. You’ll be leading the Ranger team at Dunham Massey in an exciting time and driving forward both great conservation and an outstanding experience for visitors in our outdoor spaces.
This role involves you being part of the Property Leadership Team who care for Dunham. You’ll report directly to the Countryside Manager and will manage a team of Rangers and volunteers working closely with the property leadership team.
You’ll also have delegated responsibility for managing the budgets required to deliver this work and for protecting and enhancing the Trust’s assets and reputation.
This role offers a great opportunity for someone who already has experience of leading a Ranger and volunteer team with strong practical skills. You’ll need extensive knowledge of land management and a track record of delivering to a high standard. In this management role, you’ll be a confident speaker, an articulate writer and a skilled leader. Central to the role will be your ability to balance both the demands of managing and developing our countryside estate, with the demands of a busy, high profile visitor environment.
- An experienced people manager with the ability to lead a team to deliver effectively
- An excellent communicator with experience in stakeholder management
- Experienced in project management
- Enthusiastic, knowledgeable, Inspiring, great with people and comfortable working with people of all ages and backgrounds
- Experienced in relevant land, conservation and access management
- Customer aware and take pride on delivering excellent customer service
- Organised and self-motivated, confidently able to manage a demanding workload with competing pulls on your time
- Confident in managing budgets, finances and contracts
- Knowledgeable in health and safety requirements and other compliance issues relating to the countryside and visitor activities
Company: National Trust
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Manchester, GB
Application Deadline: N/A