NASA’s Recent Graduates program provides an opportunity for you to gain experience in the Federal civil service at the beginning of your career. If selected, you will be placed in a dynamic, one-year development program, and provided with a mentor and an individual training plan that may include specialized training, formal rotation assignments, and other developmental activities. If you successfully complete the program, you may be converted to a term or permanent position.
- Serve as a NASA Pathways Recent Graduate Engineering Technician at the Langley Research Center.
- Participate in one or more of the following using a variety of instruments/equipment and data acquisition systems: composite fabrication, mechanical testing, operation of a small hypersonic wind tunnel or operation of a large thermal vacuum chamber.
- Use a variety of fabrication equipment for: composite fabrication, additive manufacturing, models and test articles, machining, casting models, computer numerical control programming, instrumentation and autoclave operation.
- Assemble and test components to assure research requirements are achieved. Make final acceptance/rejection recommendations after resolving problem areas and negotiating required modifications.
- This position is open to U.S. citizens, nationals or those who owe allegiance to the U.S
- You must meet qualifications requirements at the time of your application
- Position subject to pre-employment background investigation or higher level clearance. Investigation/Clearance may differ and be required based on the duties of the position being filled
- You will be required to sign a Pathways Participant Agreement
- If you are a male born after December 31, 1959, you must be registered with the Selective Service to be eligible for Federal employment and this program
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Francisco, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A