Our Maintenance department is growing at pace and we now have brand new opportunities for Maintenance Technicians to join our award winning company.
Our Technicians will possess relevant skills to maintain a Supermarket building environment and work closely with the Store Management Teams and Maintenance Services Teams to deliver a highly cared for shopping and working environment in a cost effective way.
Each Technician will take pride in being the custodian of up to 4 stores, where you’ll be a valued member of the teams, everyone will know your name!
We have opportunities to support the following stores, please consider distance when applying, we’d like our Technicians to live within a close proximity to their stores.
- Provide training and insight to store teams to reduce maintenance issues e.g. comply with fats/oil/grease management
- Ensure courtesy and attentiveness, with a particular focus on customer satisfaction and meeting high expectations
- Take ownership of tasks through to resolution and feeding back to key stakeholders with clear communication
- Coach store teams to achieve energy targets e.g. turning off ovens when not in use and closing back door shutters
- Working with store teams to understand maintenance issues, priorities and preventative actions
- Assessment of risks to self, customer and colleagues prior to starting work, and implementing measures to control the risk when carrying out the works
- Planning larger activity for key trading purposes out of hours or in seasonal months e.g. car park decorations
- To provide a first class, flexible, adaptable and responsive service to our stores which serve our customers
- Meeting legal, compliance and health and safety standards
- Deliver exceptional store standards and ensure a safe shopping environment for our customers and store colleagues
- Overseeing and coordinating 3rd party contractors
- Build effective relationships with key stakeholders, including line management, store/retail management, and 3rd party contractors
- Tasks include (but not limited to): fire alarm testing, sprinkler testing, plumbing repairs, HVAC maintenance, building repairs, electrical checks, catering equipment maintenance and refrigeration unit repairs
- Be visible, communicate clearly with store teams and be comfortable in managing the expectations of multiple store teams
- Relevant qualifications would be highly advantageous i.e Health & Safety regulations (e.g. IOSH), apprentice trained electrician, C&G 2365, or NVQ Level 3
- Logical approach and keen problem solver
- Excellent verbal communication skills, you’ll communicate with colleagues at all levels
- Organised with great time management
- Full driving licence, you’ll look after up to 4 stores in your group
- Proactive multi skilled individual with general maintenance experience
- Computer/PDA literate – we will provide you with full training on our systems
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to multitask
- Flexible and adaptable to changes in weekly working patterns
- Trade qualification demonstrating competence in basic mechanical, plumbing or fabric work
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Brighton, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A