Website Monzo Bank
We’re searching for a passionate, product minded engineering manager to join our Product organisation. Product at Monzo covers everything from the features you see in our iOS and Android apps for personal and business customers, the backend systems that power them, the tooling that enables us to support thousands of customer service agents, to the systems that connect directly to our card processor and payment schemes around the world. All of this enabling over 5 million customers to better manage their money.
- Lead a team of high performing software engineers
- Lead on communication with stakeholders from other teams, creating focus space for engineers to do their best work.
- Collaborate with other engineering managers, and other engineering leaders to contribute to company-wide best practices and standards.
- Take accountability for technical delivery in the team, collaborating with the product manager and technical lead.
- Actively foster a high bar for engineering excellence within the team.
- Support, coach and develop engineers in their career through regular 1:1s and continuous feedback.
- A natural ability to inspire and motivate a team.
- The ability to input, understand and challenge engineering decisions – but to empower the team to make those decisions themselves.
- An ability to coach people to achieve their goals.
- Comfort operating with ambiguous problem areas with a high degree of autonomy
- Effectively hired and structured an engineering team.
- A focus on outcomes over processes, who optimises for the highest impact and leverage.
- A relentless drive to create a product that solves genuine customer needs
- Understanding of what good looks like for a high-performing team of engineers and ability to chart a course to get there.
- A high degree of empathy, and a drive to create an inclusive team environment.
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both in writing and verbally.
Company: Monzo Bank
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Application Deadline: N/A