Website Monzo Bank
The second line of defence Credit Risk team (that’s us!) provides support to our colleagues in Borrowing and Finance to help Monzo grow safely. We’re looking for someone (maybe you?) to help ensure the models we use are not only good for Monzo but what’s best for our customers.
- Lead on ensuring our decisions around models are well managed, engaging with colleagues to make our meetings really effective
- Perform independent model validation as part of our second line of defence Credit and Prudential Risk teams and making sure the credit and financial risk models are fit for purpose
- Support the operation of the Model Risk Framework by helping to embed best practice in the business.
- Write clear and impactful model validation reports and present the findings in relevant committees
- Experience in developing and/or validating models
- In-depth knowledge of statistical techniques for management of credit and financial risk
- Working knowledge of estimation and measurement of one or some of the following:
- Expected and unexpected credit losses
- Use of economic scenarios and forecasting
- PD, LGD and EAD within IFRS 9 or regulatory capital models
- Financial modelling of interest rate risk and liquidity.
- You are highly motivated and energised by the idea of bringing positive impact to our customers and Monzo
- You can provide effective challenge whilst building strong, respectful relationships
- You are keen to grow your knowledge in both business and technology
Company: Monzo Bank
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cardiff, Wales, UK
Application Deadline: N/A