Website Ministry of Justice
You will work with people from all kinds of backgrounds to create a safe and secure prison environment. You will support adult offenders with rehabilitation while protecting the public too.
You will play a leading role in offenders’ lives, meeting regularly with a small caseload of 5-6 offenders. You will manage their development, from learning new skills to participation in education programmes, so there is a better chance they won’t reoffend on release.
You will also have the opportunity to grow your career, specialising in different areas such as negotiation, supporting prisoners at risk and resolving incidents.
- be at least 18 years old,
- have the right to work in the UK,
- be reasonably fit and able to pass our fitness test,
- have good eyesight in both eyes (both with and without corrective lenses)
- A suitable standard of hearing (without the use of hearing aids) is required for safety reasons for all potential candidates for prison officer training.
- To work in a high security prison (category A) you must have been a resident in the UK for the last 3 years.
- Nationality requirements
- You don’t need qualifications to become a prison officer. Personal qualities are more important. You need to show:
- Good communication and influencing skills
- Commitment to quality
- Effective decision-making
- Care and understanding
Company: Ministry of Justice
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bristol, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A