Website State of Missouri
Are you driven to protect children? Do you work well in sensitive situations? The Department of Social Services – Children’s Division coordinates protective services involving neglected, abused or exploited children and assists families with foster care, parenting services and adoption needs. If you are passionate about keeping kids safe, please join our team!
- Interacts with law enforcement and juvenile officers, other public officials, and community organizations regarding family and children issues
- Represent Children’s Division during court hearings and other meetings related to case work.
- Assist families to attain and maintain stability through appropriate casework, home management or referral for more skilled counseling treatment
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with partnering agencies who serve children and families
- Respond to the needs of children in their homes and throughout the community, providing transportation, if needed
- Ability to work a combination evening/weekend shift (with shift differential)
- Ability to travel throughout the State of Missouri as needed
- Excellent problem-solving and time management skills
- Availability to be in the “on call” rotation one weekend a month.
- A degree in Social Work or comparable human services field is preferred
- A Bachelor’s or higher level degree from an accredited college or university.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
Company: State of Missouri
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kirksville, MO, US
Application Deadline: N/A