Our Total Rewards Office is seeking a Coordinator to assist in the administration and coordination of a variety of programs and functions to support Total Rewards including job evaluation, job descriptions, performance management, pay-for-performance, Long Service Awards. The Coordinator will conduct supporting research, complete and submit compensation surveys, conduct preliminary job evaluations and salary analysis, and participate in a variety of Total Reward initiatives.
- Maintain relationships with a network of representatives in compensation functions of Metrolinx’s external market comparator groups to conduct surveys and share best-practices.
- Research and gather data leading to policy formulation and input into compensation, and contract negotiations
- Support the maintenance and administration of the non-union Performance Management Program (PMP) and Pay-for-Performance (PFP) program including responding to inquiries from HR Services and Human Resources Business Partners (HRBPs), preparing user resource materials and system job aids, preparing status reports and participating in data validation.
- Assist the team with the administration of the job evaluation program
- Complete the monthly benefits billings and reconciliations, and responsible for all Total Rewards invoicing and tracking.
- Responsible for administering Long Service Award (LSA) program
- Assist with the maintenance and implementation of corporate compensation programs
- Supports senior compensation team members by conducting preliminary standard salary analysis and preparing materials in support of HRBP client needs
- Conduct and participate in surveys to support the ongoing maintenance and development of corporate compensation programs, and conduct and/or participate in market research and compensation surveys to evaluate and report on the company’s competitive position in the marketplace
- Provide administrative support such as coordination of logistics for compensation meetings and training workshops, preparation of materials, monitoring of Total Rewards inbox and responding to inquiries.
- Knowledge of a broad range of human resources functions, including compensation practices and principles and relevant employment legislation / regulations
- Experience using MS Office (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and enterprise-wide Human Resources Management Systems (HRMS) (e.g. Oracle), and HR applications
- Completion of a diploma in Human Resources Management or related field – or a combination of education, training and experience deemed equivalent. Compensation Professional (CCP) would be an asset.
- Interpersonal and oral/written communication skills to assist with the maintenance and implementation of corporate compensation programs
- Organizational skills to work independently and prioritize daily requirements with limited supervision
- Experience in research, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience providing support to a team of compensation, benefits and/or human resources professionals, preferably within a public sector and/or unionized environment
- Research, analytical and problem-solving skills to evaluate and report on the company’s competitive positions in the market and to assist with researching job descriptions and compensation information
- Knowledge of Human Resources legislation (e.g. Employment Standards Act, Occupational Health & Safety Act, etc.)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A