Our Yonge North Subway Extension Office is seeking to hire a Project Manager reporting into the Managers and Senior Project Managers. The Project Manager administers a variety of services for YNSE project, in a safe, timely, standardized and cost effective manner for quality services.
- Ensures that capital projects and programs for new, replacement or enhanced infrastructure, maximize customer service, satisfy internal stakeholder requirements, incorporate external agency requirements, and serve public interests
- Reviewing and approving the contractor’s schedule and updates with participation from the project team members as required
- Providing assistance in the evaluation/negotiation/resolution of contract changes and contractor’s claims
- Reviews and evaluates consultant studies, reports, design proposals, specifications and contract documents, to meet established policies, procedures and standards
- Manage/prepare PDB procurement documents including but not limited to project agreements
- Reviews requests for acquisitions, requisitions for purchase orders, change orders for contracts and addenda for consultant agreements
- Manage and coordinate concept, preliminary or detail design alternatives with the project’s Transit Oriented Communities (TOC) Partners.
- Assist the Managers and Senior Project Managers in directing and leading the TA (Technical Authority) developing Project Agreement
- Documents for the Progressive Design Build (PDB) Contract(s), through all stages and phases of the project and in engagement and interface with third party stakeholders such as municipalities and transit agencies
- Provides administrative, design, editing, technical, estimating, and priority direction to staff and personnel assigned to individual projects, through all project stages
- Reviews and approves draft Project Charter documents
- Envisions project scope of work, initiates, prepares and presents for execution, terms of reference and subsequent addenda for agreements governing the engagement of consultants
- Coordinates a number of complex tasks under pressure to meet schedule and budget commitments
- Defines the need for concept, preliminary or detail design alternatives and new or improved procedures, design standards, specifications or contract documents
- Overseeing the performance of the Contractor(s) for assigned multi-discipline construction contracts
- Performs complete start to close-out project management on selected complex, high-risk projects as required to meet corporate commitments, with or without staff delegation
- Serves as technical specialist on studies as well as design and construction matters.
- Organizational, interpersonal and oral/written/presentation communication skills to coordinate complex multi-disciplinary projects under pressure to meet schedule and budget commitments
- Registration as a Professional Engineer or Architect in the Province of Ontario is an asset.
- Project management experience to manage assigned multi-disciplinary projects of high value and complexity and supervise staff engaged in all stages of project management from start to close-out
- Strong problem solving and influencing skills to establish effective working relationships, negotiate, and deal with a variety of contacts, both internal and external to the organization; along with the ability to gain cooperation from individuals not under direct authority
- Prior experience with municipalities and transit agencies is an asset
- Knowledge of construction management practices and principles including familiarity with claims management is an asset.
- Knowledge of Design Bid Build (DBB), Design Build Finance (DBF) and/or Progressive Design Build (PDB) Contract Administration is required
- Experience in management or preparation of procurement documents including but not limited to project agreements
- Knowledge of passenger transportation industry and projects is an asset
- Prior experience with any aspect of design, construction and commissioning of multi-disciplinary transit projects is strongly desired
- Knowledge of Contract Law, Construction Liens Act, the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Environmental Assessment Act, and the requirements of the Professional Engineers Act. Knowledge of Human Resources legislation to monitor and manage employees and contractors, including experience in the application of collective agreement provisions.
- Knowledge of municipal, TTC, Metrolinx and other national or international rail and transit standards is strongly desired
- Minimum eight (8) years’ experience in project/construction management, including at least four years of experience managing large, complex, multi-year transit projects, preferably for passenger rail transit, underground stations, storage and maintenance facilities, and related works.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or partial completion is an asset
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A