Our Investment Panel Office is seeking an Investment Panel Manager to manage a portfolio of capital projects within the Investment Panel Office covering the entire Metrolinx organization to ensure sound decision making; to manage the development of policies, processes, and tools to support the execution of a sustainable capital plan for the entire Metrolinx organization. The position is part of a multi-disciplinary project team implementing the day-to-day management of high profile, complex, and politically sensitive capital programs.
- Provides strategic advice and feedback to senior level internal stakeholders such as EVPs and VPs on submissions to the Investment Panel, employing stakeholder management methodologies to gain alignment and agreement on the approach.
- Researches and incorporates international best practices into Metrolinx project evaluation methodology and governance.
- Manages the governance for a portfolio of capital projects within the Investment Panel Office covering the entire Metrolinx organization to ensure sound application of project delivery methodologies related to scope, schedule, and costs; proactively works with Sponsors and project teams to bring new and current projects forward for Investment Panel consideration as required.
- Provides project management oversight to matrix cross-functional teams to enable ongoing assurance on Investment Panel materials in adherence with required milestone submission deadlines and also enable development of periodic reporting to support the Investment Panel.
- Acts as a source for interpretation and guidance around applicable policies and processes to determine, recommend, challenge, and provide sufficient rationalization for an appropriate course of action for issues and items brought forward to the Investment Panel Office.
- Acts as an authoritative source for internal investment decision making processes within Metrolinx and in coordination with the Province, including business case approvals, Board-level approval requirements, Treasury Board Submissions, Project Change Control, and in-service hand-overs.
- Reviews all Investment Panel submittals including Business Cases, Asset Management Plans, Change Approval Forms, and Investment Panel and Board reports for relevance and accuracy, ensuring financial and benefits alignment, and key issues and risks are highlighted appropriately within the different artifacts.
- Analyses and integrates Investment Panel analysis process with the Metrolinx annual ten-year capital planning process, and project prioritization processes.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification would be an asset.
- Interpersonal skills as they are applied in a position of providing influence, expertise, guidance, direction, and recommendations.
- Public finance economics, computer science, management information systems, information technology, statistics or similar.
- Interpersonal, negotiation, oral/written/presentation skills used in presentations, negotiations, consultations, facilitation, and stakeholder management for the purpose of developing and presenting reports, interpreting policy, stakeholder networking and providing representation on committees and taskforces.
- Project management, and acting as a key contact amongst stakeholders, in a political environment where provincial and municipal legislation provide the framework.
- Government capital planning, allocation and policy development processes, and public sector accounting.
- Additional courses/programs in Accounting, Finance, Investment, Governance, Project Management and Transportation Demand Modeling would be considered assets.
- Contemporary knowledge of provincial/municipal legislation and the processes surrounding government decision making.
- Communication skills to develop relationships with stakeholders; to advise, brief and influence senior and executive management on potential issues/conflicts.
- Minimum eight (8) years’ experience in transportation planning, and /or policy development & analysis in a central agency role.
- Completion of a university degree in Business Administration, Economics, Environmental Sciences, Engineering, Public Administration, Urban Planning or related field – or a combination of education, training and experience deemed equivalent; A graduate degree in a related discipline would be an asset.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A