Our Corridor Maintenance, Track Infrastructure office is seeking a Project Coordinator, under the supervision of a Senior Project Officer, to coordinate, monitor, and control the quality and state-of-good-repair of rail corridor track and right-of-way infrastructure asset maintenance services as well as coordinate physical infrastructure project design construction.
- Managing the implementation of approved projects through all stages of design and construction.
- Monitoring and controlling the quality of GO Transit Rail track and right-of-way asset maintenance services and to coordinate rail corridor maintenance contracts and railway corridor physical infrastructure project design and construction.
- Identifying, developing and recommending physical infrastructure programs with respect to maintenance, rehabilitation, and expansion of the Go Transit railway network.
- Designs and manages in-house projects and emergent rehabilitation/repair work
- Plans, forecasts, monitors and reports all capital project expenditures such as consultant fees and addenda, purchase orders, construction contracts, change orders and cost sharing agreements with public or private organizations.
- Administering consultant assignments and contracts for maintenance, rehabilitation, and expansion and performing field maintenance and compliance audits.
- Prepares and submits tender document specifications for construction and consultant contracts for submission to Procurement and Contract
- Services for tendering. Assists Procurement and Contract Services during the tendering by providing information to contractors and consultants on questions arising during tendering. Participates in evaluating bids and recommending for approval the award of contracts.
- Researching and participating in the development of industry maintenance standards, procedures, and best practices.
- Maximizing railway corridor transit speed and schedule adherence.
- Knowledge of the theory, principles and practices of electrical and civil engineering.
- Have a valid Ontario “G” Driver’s License that meet the corporate standard for a good driving record, and can obtain the GO Transit Operators permit
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, ability to work independently, strong interpersonal and negotiating skills and analytical ability.
- Working knowledge of conventional Railway Signaling will be considered an asset
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience related to the planning, design and construction of transit facilities, interpreting and applying contract plans and specifications and coordinating contracted engineering projects. Experience designing and implementing modern signaling and train control systems is an advantage.
- Thorough understanding of Railway Rules and Regulations and Safety & Operating procedures.
- Proficiency in the use of project management software and computer applications.
- Detailed knowledge of project management including cost control, scheduling, codes, standards, specifications, corporate policies and procedures and applicable contract legislation.
- Complete a 3 or 4 year community college program in a related field or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that provides good knowledge of track and signal railway engineering.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A