Our Human Resources & Enterprise Centres of Excellence Office is seeking a Manager, Employee Engagement & Culture who will be responsible for building and sustaining employee engagement programs, strategies and tactics that reflect Metrolinx values and elevates the overall employee experience. This role will be responsible for ensuring an exceptional employee experience throughout the employment lifecycle of attracting, retaining and developing employees at Metrolinx.
- Provide strategic leadership on the employee engagement strategy, framework and required programs that facilitate the ability for the organization to achieve their business priorities, included though not exclusive to the execution of the employee engagement program portfolio
- Lead and manage engagement related projects (e.g. project development, project progress, related staff and project resources), monitor project activities for adherence to timelines, and evaluate project performance
- Guide the preparation, alignment and recommendation on policies and procedures relating to Employee Engagement based on strategic direction from the organization, market trends and corporate and legislated directives
- Work with HR Business Partners and HR Services to address questions from the business and provide strategic, innovative direction on day-to-day engagement activities within the business
- Supervise and provide input to the direction, design and execution of the annual Employee Survey and pulse surveys to better understated the employee experience throughout the year, including but not limited to:
- Working with analytics team and HR Business Partners to assess survey results, identify trends and recommend solutions to address issues relating to employee engagement and measure action planning outcomes
- Deliver informative presentations and reports to educate and increase motivation for Employee engagement among leaders and staff across the organization
- Provide input to the preparation of budget and allocation of resources to support the organizational priorities within the portfolio
- Oversee the development of tools and strategies that enable business leaders to create action plans to address survey results and ensure that employees are motivated and engaged in order to deliver on the strategic objectives
- Develop and maintain methodologies, tools, and training to enhance the employee experience
- Oversee the development of techniques for compiling, preparing and presenting detailed data and reports for review, discussion and decision-making by people leaders and senior management.
- Developing an integrated plan to ensure survey results and insights on improvement areas are advanced through business practices, company messaging and actions.
- Monitoring participation in surveys and develops tactics to increase survey participation to ensure collection of cross-representation and statistically relevant data.
- Develop and sustain strong collaborative partnerships with HR points of contact to the business (e.g. Centres of Excellence (COEs), HR Business Partners (HRBPs), HR Services) to identify, resolve and coordinate deployment efforts for Employee Engagement Initiatives
- Collaborate with Metrolinx Organizational Development, Change Management, Senior HR leaders and members of the Engagement Think Tank to create a clear engagement strategy that is aligned with business objectives and is able to meet future business aspiration
- Coordinating delivery as the internal project manager, working closely with the external vendor, HR Services and analytics team to design and implement the survey, designing the internal communication strategy to generate positive outcomes for participation
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in the public sector or transportation industry would be an asset
- Canadian Human Resources Professional (CHRP), Change Management and Lean Six Sigma Certification would be an asset
- Knowledge of training and coaching principles
- Ability to manage multiple demands and priorities in a complex work environment that is derived from your dedication and motivation to achieve high standards.
- Track record of demonstrable technical competence in designing and delivering engagement programs that achieve improvements in employee experience.
- Business acumen coupled with knowledge of HR principles, practices and legislation as pertains to the employee engagement field of work
- Understanding and knowledge of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion would be an asset
- Ability to analyze data and produce reports that provide valuable insight for decision-making
- Minimum eight (8) years’ experience leading Employee Engagement Initiatives
- Excellent client service skills with an ability to translate clients’ business to develop and maintain strong client relationships.
- Ability to manage and administer a broad range of tasks and details relating to areas of responsibility
- Proven ability to lead and/or work as a team member and build and maintain a positive work environment
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A