Our Customer Communications Office is seeking a Senior Team Leader, Customer Communication. Reporting to the Assistant Manager, Customer Communications, you will be responsible for leading the management, control, and quality delivery of customer communications including service status information, planned communications, and unplanned service events in close cooperation with several operational teams within the Network Operations Centre (NOC).
- Manages the team to ensure that the appreciate communication channels are updated in line with the stakeholder expectations.
- Leads implementation of escalation management processes, coordinates emergency management responses, and communicates service status updates to stakeholders
- Consistently monitors for timeliness, accuracy, and clarity against all Metrolinx protocols and accessibility requirements. Reviews the weekly quality results for any issues and coach team members to achieve consistent results.
- Recommends and participate in bi-weekly Union/Management meetings to address any changes to staffing, hours of operations, procedures, collective bargaining, and hiring qualifications.
- Anticipating critical issues and trends; developing comprehensive contingency and positioning plans in partnership with internal stakeholders to ensure a strong process to identify, prioritize, manage and minimize issues.
- Monitors the NOC case queue to ensure that cases are managed within established guidelines and ensure that the quality of assigned case contents and management consistently achieves internal standards.
- Assists with developing, and updating, Incident Management Plans for many planned events within the Metrolinx Service area in conjunction with all Business Continuity and Emergency Management planning at the NOC.
- Directs the team to communicate with customers to provide consistent, effective, and prompt information in response to service disruptions
- Manages the enterprise wide delivery of customer communications by ensuring that all appropriate Metrolinx communications channels are functional, and updated with the consistent information and that the current service level is accurately reflected
- Analyze escalation volumes and root causes using LEAN principles to identify solutions to common operational challenges.
- Delegates and empowers team members, who work collaboratively with multiple internal and external stakeholders in the escalation resolution process, to address/improve the customer experience in a variety of channels.
- Proactively recommends and advises on all possible solutions and alternate travel options including TTC protocol during all major service disruptions and events.
- Developing targets and indicators to evaluate the success of customer communications to support continuous improvement of customer satisfaction.
- Coaches and provides guidance and support to team within a unionized environment
- Leadership and organizational skills to supervise, motivate, and develop an unionized workforce of staff
- Knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements (e.g. Employment Standards Act, Workers’ Safety and Insurance Board Act (WSIB),
- Occupational Health and Safety Act, Environmental Protection Act, Greater Toronto Transport Authority (GTAA) regulations and bylaws, GO
- Transit Tariff, Freedom of Information and Privacy Act (FOI), and standards and requirements of ministries and governing bodies)
- Principles and practices of transit planning and service delivery and / or knowledge of Rail and / or Bus Operations would be an asset
- Minimum six (6) years of progressively responsible experience in a communications role within public transit
- Technical analysis skills and proficiency in the use of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and other software applications
- Knowledge of customer service delivery principles, experience addressing customer and operational communications issues to meet customer and operational needs
- Completion of a diploma in Business Administration or related field, or a combination of education, training and experience deemed equivalent
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A