Reporting to the Manager of Inclusion, the Senior Diversity & Inclusion Advisor provides expertise, leadership, support and guidance in the day-to day operations and planning for Inclusion, which includes developing and implementing strategies to improve diversity, and inclusion mandate across the organization.
- Project management of milestones, requirements, challenges, and accomplishments.
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the operation of a complex, matrixed organization.
- Influencing business leaders towards cultural change and negotiating the introduction of new concepts.
- Drives and develops initiatives that support inclusion in the workplace (e.g. employee resource groups, inclusion council, celebrations, religious accommodation, days of significance, specialized/targeted internships, cultural census, mentoring vs sponsorship programs and gender balance) through communication, partnerships, project management, research, and event planning.
- Develop and present impactful communications to support Inclusion programs and strategies, such as gender balance, anti-racism, and inclusion.
- Partner with multiple stakeholders including HR Business professionals, HR Services, HR Centres of Excellence and employee resource groups, diversity and inclusion council, internal resource committees. to guide the development, implementation, and follow-up of inclusive and equitable programs to ensure promotion of Metrolinx’s vision, mission, strategic priorities, and organizational goals.
- Understand cultural nuances, market trends and indicators that impact and promote an inclusive organizational culture.
- Develop, project manages and organize presentations, training and information sessions on equity, diversity and inclusion, performance/KPI metrics, dashboards and templates that are designed to improve organizational awareness around inclusion, diversity and equity (e.g. unconscious bias awareness, allyship/bystander, cultural fluency, anti-racism, gender expression & identity, human rights training).
- Conduct impact analysis by using quantifiable census data and KPIs to identify potential problems and opportunities, aligning the performance measures with the initiative and desired outcomes ensuring the monitoring of the key performance indicators; track KPIs in business plans following up and providing alerts when milestones have been missed.
- Demonstrate business acumen, coupled with knowledge of principles, practices and legislation as pertains to equity, diversity inclusion, and human rights in the workplace.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience managing diversity and inclusion initiatives
- Completion of a degree in relevant area of study, preferably with a focus on dispute resolution, human rights, diversity, equity and inclusion or acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A thorough understanding of the Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act, Ontario Human Rights Code and relevant legislation/case law.
- Certifications or Designations: additional courses or certifications, in Equity, Diversity and Inclusion and/or in training and or facilitation (e.g. Leadership or Diversity and Inclusion Certificate,) is an asset.
- Experience with training development, and facilitation principles for adult learners to develop diversity/inclusion sessions.
- Experience in project management/planning to participate and lead in cross-organizational project teams representing inclusion area of expertise; ability to create project plans/project timelines and track towards milestones.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve goals and objectives within specified timeframes in a fast-paced environment; ability to work in a dynamic, cross-functional team atmosphere.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A