Website Menzies Aviation
- Establishes, supports, and facilitates (as necessary) the station Safety Committee.
- Attends customer and airport safety meetings and forums to promote MA SSE-related initiatives and participate in shared learnings.
- Conducts on-site inspections and audits of base operations, facilities, equipment, and materials to further develop, recommend and/or implement policies and procedures that promote safety.
- Assists in the development and implementation of the station Emergency Response Plan (ERP), Emergency Action Plan (EAP), Local Contingency Plan (LCP), Business Continuity Plan (BCP), Spill Prevention, Control and Countermeasure Plan (SPCC), Facility Response Plan (FRP), Environmental Emergency Response Plan (EERP), and/or Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP).
- Oversees the compilation of base accident reports and data required by regulatory agencies.
- Performs graphical and numerical analysis of accidents, injuries, and near misses to determine trends; and provides recommendations to base senior management in an effort to reverse negative trends.
- Coordinates SSE-related promotion activities.
- Develops briefings and ensures the cascade of SSE-related bulletins and alerts.
- Conducts people, process, facility, and equipment inspections and audits. Prepares reports and communicates unsafe findings to management (including root causes and recommended corrective action).
- Participates in audits and inspections performed by Corporate or outside personnel.
- Ensures implementation of and compliance with local, state, Provincial (CAN), and federal rules and regulations.
- Monitors local legislation for changes that may impact operations or present additional burdens.
- Assists Base senior management with devising appropriate audit and inspection responses; and follows-up on all corrections to ensure appropriate action has been taken.
- Serves as the Safety, Security, & Compliance Manager/Officer assigned/delegated the responsibility for overseeing the implementation of the Menzies Aviation Safety Management System (SMS) and Health & Safety manual (H&S) policies at the base.
- Monitors that approved corrective actions implemented by base senior management, are communicated to base employees, and are sustained as required to enable safe operation practices.
- Manages MA Safety Programs, Policies, and Procedures and other Safety, Security, and Environmental (SSE) related systems in accordance with approved manuals, bulletins, and briefings.
- Ensures proper communication of these MA programs and systems at the local level.
- Promotes the Safety-First Culture and encourages timely reporting of all incidents, hazards, and near misses.
- Leads by example and provides immediate and direct feedback to Employees and colleagues.
- Assists with conducting Risk Assessments (RAs) for new/changing activities, and reviews existing RAs annually.
- Assists with the preparation of local operating procedures (LOPs) for base senior management approval.
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills
- Ability and willingness to work flexible shifts
- Computer Literate
- Strong team management, collaboration, and facilitation skills
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) from four-year College or university; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Company: Menzies Aviation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Hartford, CT, US
Application Deadline: N/A