Website Menzies Aviation
As a member of the Menzies Aviation Team, you will be responsible for performing routine and preventive maintenance on airport terminal equipment – passenger loading bridges and baggage conveyer systems. Job function also involves electric mechanical equipment with 3 phase motors, PLC controls, variable frequency drives, gear boxes and electric/hydraulic components.
- Diagnose and identify defective electric components, motors, contactors, wiring circuits with control boards and switches, using the original equipment manufacture’s technical manuals
- Ability to troubleshoot, repair/replace failed mechanical gear boxes, hydraulic systems/valves, bearings, chains & sprockets, ball screws, high and low voltage components, including related control circuits.
- Must be proficient in the use of mechanical tools and volt/amp/ohm meters.
- Must possess technical knowledge and proven experience with the use of hand tools and test methods – schematics and meter use.
- Safely and efficiently performs work on commercial rated electrical motors, control wiring 24V through 480V single – three phase power.
- Performs preventative maintenance inspections, lubrication and emergency repairs, both inside and outside facilities in all-weather environments on various airport terminal specific equipment.
- Adheres to the company’s safety policies and procedures.
- Comply with the location’s attendance/tardiness standards
- Interpret manufacture mechanical/electrical/hydraulic schematics to apply logical approach in troubleshooting and repair activities.
- Must possess mechanical tools.
- Must have a High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED), or one to three months related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to proficiently read, write and speak English
- Must be comfortable lifting/moving 70lbs
- 3 to 5 years mechanical experience
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must possess valid US driver’s license
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen
- All mechanics are required to perform all duties of the other positions, as needed do to operational need; Example: a Level I Mechanic may need to perform tasks of a Level III when directed
- Must be able to obtain and maintain all required Airport Badge
- Must be available and flexible to work variable shifts including weekends and holidays
- Must be comfortable working in all weather conditions
Company: Menzies Aviation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Baltimore, MD, US
Application Deadline: N/A