Website Menzies Aviation
Position is located at Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport
- Remove, test, repair or replace components and accessories such as temperature/pressure transmitters, motor operated valves, pumps, tank gauge systems, automatic/manual valves, filter systems components, pressure reliefs, fuses, and similar components.
- Check and adjust tolerance of valves, bearings, cams, clutches, shafts, and mechanical seals. Replace bearings, mechanical seals, valves, bushings, shafts, springs, fuses, coils, tubing, pumps, diaphragms, hoses, and wiring as required.
- A Plant Maintenance Technician will be required to provide on the job training and instruction to new employees learning the duties of the classification. Must be capable of performing all other duties of a like and similar nature within this classification to which he or she may be assigned in accordance with established standards.
- Must be able to perform all other duties of a like and similar nature. Inspect, maintain, and modify fuel storage facilities and equipment in the support of Menzies operations.
- Service equipment with fuel, water, oil, greases, hydraulic fluid, nitrogen, and compressed air. Troubleshoot, repair, overhaul, and modify fuel storage facilities and equipment.
- Diagnose problems using test equipment, and applicable manuals.
- Comply with the location attendance/tardiness standards.
- Work of a mechanical nature to include, mechanical work involving dismantling, overhauling, repairing, fabrication, assembling, testing, welding, cleaning and painting work related to plant equipment and facilities, pipelines, pumps, motors, valves, equipment, tanks, building, HVAC systems, electrical equipment, instrumentation, computer systems, communication systems, hydrant fuel distribution systems, equipment and facilities.
- Must be able to read and interpret schematics, diagrams, blueprints, and plans of an electrical and mechanical nature.
- May from time to time be required to perform the work of a GSE Maintenance Technician if no GSE Maintenance Technician is available and or to meet service standard requirements.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Knowledge of all aspects of the equipment used in the operation. Must provide necessary tools.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, supervisor, as well as other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Valid Driver’s License. Must possess or have the ability to obtain a valid Alaska Drivers license class A with HAZ-MAT endorsement and other FAA Airport required identification/seals or authorizations. Must have the ability to obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC card).
Company: Menzies Aviation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Anchorage, AK, US
Application Deadline: N/A