Website Menzies Aviation
Reporting to the VP Ground Handling & Cargo Operations, the job holder is responsible for the business interests and operations of the Cargo operation in San Francisco International Airport – SFO. The role requires proven manager with strong operational and business understanding in an airport cargo warehousing operation.
- Monitoring performance and taking action to correct any shortfalls.
- Liaising with airline station managers, airport operations management, handling agents, customs, immigration, and security officials, and other airport stakeholders.
- Ensures all tasks are performed in accordance with the Company and Airlines specific procedures and policies.
- Required to attend the mandatory training imposed by the Company and Airlines as it applies to the job role.
- Providing reports as required, and service delivery measurements.
- Providing leadership to the team and developing their skills.
- Ensuring service delivery to customer airlines in accordance with airline contracts, and within the agreed budget level.
- Monitor airline volumes and forecasts and based on information, pre-plan to mitigate potential impact to cargo operations and flow.
- Ensuring compliance with all internal and external operational and administrative requirements.
- Ensuring safety and security procedures are according to standards set within the Menzies Health & Safety Policy Manual, and according to international aviation standards.
- Work shifts as required by the business.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Good working knowledge of the IATA Standard Ground Handling Agreement.
- Aptitude to develop the management team, provide succession planning and re-engineer business processes as demanded by changes in the business.
- Strong communications skills and experience in liaising with senior airline, airport, and other stakeholder personnel.
- Fully conversant with international airline ramp handling procedures, international aviation safety and security procedures.
- Financially and commercially astute with extensive experience and a strong grasp of financial practices including P&L responsibility.
- Excellent leadership and people management skills
- Substantial general management experience in the Airport Cargo Warehouse Handling business.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of aviation services, ideally to include ramp, freight, and passenger handling.
- Able to work with a multi-national work force, and to adjust to the local conditions of the station.
- Good knowledge of ramp GSE.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age and legally able to work in USA.
- Computer literate, solid knowledge of MS Office as well as other related programs
- Previous airline/aviation operational knowledge is required.
- Extensive experience in Cargo warehouse operations, Ramp Handling and good understanding of the Operational departments and requirements.
- Must be able to obtain and hold all required security clearances.
Company: Menzies Aviation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Francisco, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A