Website Menzies Aviation
The Menzies Aviation Controls Engineer is responsible for the operation and maintenance of the Checked Baggage Inspection System (CBIS) and is responsible for constant monitoring of CBIS and baggage flow during operations. The Controls Engineer may also be required to provide assistance to the Administration.
- Monitors and troubleshoot alerts, alarms, faults and program failures.
- Performs regular preventative maintenance of Control Room Equipment and
- Responsible for operations and maintenance requirements for CBIS system
- Manges and monitors the baggage handling system through the computers in the control room.
- Performs backups of computer servers and creates backup copies on thumb drives
- Provides requested reporting as needed and training support staff
- Oversee performance of CBIS preventative and corrective maintenance task
- Interface with the user airlines and TSA and responds to their requests.
- Ensure smooth daily start-ups and shut down.
- Troubleshoot the programming software and hardware with the servers and PLCs with technical support.
- Ensures the servers and computers are operational
- Monitors and troubleshoot alerts, alarms, faults and program failures
- Performs regular preventative maintenance of Control Room Equipment
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and request clarification when needed
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Possess valid US driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Pass pre-employment drug screen and all pre-employment testing
- Must have high school diploma, GED or six months of experience
- Ability to learn quickly
- Pass FBI background and obtain US Customs Seal
- To report any significant deficiency in our products, materials and documents
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to build relationships
- Has the duty to suggest any improvements to working practices especially those relating to Safety & security. Must have read and signed the Station Quality Manual, Emergency Response Procedures Manual and the Station Security Manual.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Automotive mechanic with strong electrical knowledge will be considered
- Must be comfortable working in all weather conditions
- Must be available and flexible to work variable shifts including weekends and holidays
- Ability to proficiently read, write and speak English
- Must be comfortable lifting 70lbs repetitivel
Company: Menzies Aviation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Baltimore, MD, US
Application Deadline: N/A