Website Menzies Aviation
- Responsible for day to day operational performance, safety, security and customer satisfaction of the product through effective support and management of delivery areas.
- To consistently deliver the highest possible level of customer service at all times.
- Responsible for ensuring the airlines product is delivered consistently to demanding service level standards and on time performance targets to our Customer Airlines.
- To be pro-active in all areas by forward planning and taking responsibility for the job in hand.
- To ensure the safe and correct control of all resources on the Ramp.
- To comply with all Airlines Ground Handling Regulations as well as local Airport Authorities.
- To actively give support, guidance and encouragement to your work colleagues.
- Ensuring safety and security procedures are according to standards set within the Menzies Health & Safety PolicyManual, and according to international aviation standards.
- Safeguard the health, safety and welfare of staff, customers and other visitors as required in full compliance with the Company’s Health & Safety Policy.
- To process in a professional and confident way any questions, queries or grievances.
- Promote an open reporting culture.
- Ensuring investigations take place into any incident/accident, non-conformity or service delivery failure, with resulting corrective actions being established and then maintained.
- Work closely with GSE responsible personnel to ensure active and effective GSE management, defect reporting system and GSE checks.
- Ensure no Company property abuse occurs.
- Assess relevant training needs for department employees including assessment methods and measurement systems entailed.
- Stay informed as to the relevant skills and qualification levels required by staff for effective performance.
- Accountable for ongoing day to day management to an approved business plan.
- Improving delivery of Menzies Aviation products and services through developing a motivated and skilled team.
- Ensuring the department follows a consistent Human Resources process, with the relevant company policies being delivered at all times.
- Closely monitor absenteeism and put improvement plans into effect when necessary.
- Work with airport suppliers & handlers to ensure prescribed levels of service at agreed standards are delivered.
- Establish and maintain a safe working environment for employees and customers to comply with Company policy and health, safety and security regulations, while promoting a “Safety First”-culture.
- Must be flexible to adapt to changing demands/circumstances/weather conditions.
- Calm and approachable manner.
- Must have valid Driver’s license and hold a DA.
- Demonstrate ability to lead, coach and develop staff.
- A strong sense of stakeholder engagement. This includes, but is not limited to: Customer portfolio, Airport representatives, Local CAA, local third party providers.
- Ability to develop the team, provide succession planning and re-engineer business processes as demanded by changes in the business.
- Adaptability with regards to working with a multi-national workforce, and collaborating well with local working un- ions.
- Able to produce comprehensive reports to senior managers.
- Well organised with meticulous attention to detail and accuracy, able to work on their own initiative to specific deadlines, have the ability to recognise and deal with challenges promptly and efficiently.
- Extensive experience in Ramp Handling and good understanding of the Operational departments.
- Ability to drive and deliver improvement plans and the relevant follow up process.
- Ability to identify productivity efficiency or inefficiency and tailor the operational demand based on the operational dynamics within the station.
- Proficient knowledge of the IATA Standard Ground Handling Agreement.
- Familiar with GOMs, Airline procedures, Airport procedures, Airport legislations.
- Work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with employees, management, customers and outside institutions.
- Proven leadership skills and experience.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age and legally able to work in Canada
- Fully versed on International Aviation Safety and Security standards and passionate about promoting them within the organisation.
- SLA driven to meet customer expectations by delivering excellence.
Company: Menzies Aviation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Winnipeg, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A