You might know us as the inventors of the bath bomb, but there’s more to this great-smelling, privately-owned, family-run company than pioneering cosmetics. We believe our business should put more back into the world than it takes and demonstrate that responsible business can be a force for good. We fight cruel practices like animal testing, promote regeneration, and show that what’s inside counts – whether that’s an ingredient in a product, or open source code.
You will be taking a leading role as the Senior Backend Developer in a team focused on our Manufacturing & Retail businesses, developing a range of tooling to support areas of the business as diverse as our raw ingredients sourcing team, our product production teams, as well as our forecasting, fulfillment and retail teams.
- Write clear, maintainable code that will scale across projects and distributed development teams.
- Collaborate with engineers, QAs, designers, and partners to solve interesting and challenging problems for delivering scalable technology worldwide.
- Refactor, review and maintain existing enterprise application code bases ensuring scalability, performance and security are taken into consideration, building new features to support the growth of global business.
- Actively researching and implementing innovative techniques and features to enhance the development process.
- Work closely with seniors and the leadership team to architect solutions, evaluate existing and emerging technology choices, and steer the overall technical direction.
- Knowledge of cloud-native development, and Google Cloud Platform tooling is preferable.
- Any additional full stack skills – SASS, task runners (grunt/gulp), JS frameworks (angular, vue, react) would be nice but not essential
- Are proficient in one or more of the following database systems: MySQL, Postgres/CockroachDB or MongoDB.
- Are confident at identifying, debugging, and resolving issues.
- Have a working knowledge of git.
- Are confident with one or more of the following languages: Python, PHP, or Node.
- Have experience with frameworks such as Symfony, FastAPI, Laravel, Silex, Zend, Django.
- Are able to translate product or business requirements into technological initiatives.
- Knowledge of container based development environments would be helpful.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Nottingham, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A