At Lloyds Banking Group (LBG), our purpose is to Help Britain Prosper. We do that by creating a more sustainable and inclusive future for people and businesses, shaping finance as a force for good. This forms the basis of our new strategy to profitably deliver for all of our stakeholders.
Core to our purpose and new strategy is our focus on building an inclusive society and supporting the transition to a low carbon economy as this is where can make the biggest difference, whilst creating new avenues for our future growth. It is only by doing right by our customers, colleagues and communities that we can achieve higher, more sustainable returns for investors, and generate value for all our stakeholders.
The Corporate and Institutional Coverage (CIC) team is an origination and coverage business with the Commercial Bank. Operating across the UK and covering LBG’s largest clients. CIC is establishing a dedicated first-class Sustainability and ESG Financing team to own the CIC Sustainability strategy and work in partnership with our clients to accelerate the net zero transition and to become better, more sustainable companies for the future.
- Providing thought leadership in the creation of marketing materials, pitch-books and reports, to ensure successful promotion of the bank and the team’s ESG activities both internally and externally to develop an industry leading profile in this area.
- Lead strategic dialogue and partner with the CIC sector teams to develop ESG ratings strategies, drive new product development, business development and thought leadership in this exciting and growing space.
- Demonstrate expert knowledge and advisory capability in the main ESG rating agencies and more broadly their methodologies, such as Sustainalytics, MSCI, ISS, Vigeo EIRIS, and CDP.
- Provide a strong track record in executing ESG ratings data collection and analysis and assessing corporate ESG KPIs against internationally recognised standards
- Support the Head of ESG Advisory in broader ESG origination and execution activity.
- Develop productive and positive relationships with external partners in the market including ratings, advisory and legal firms, representing LBG at the highest levels at industry events and with clients as we transform our business.
- Lead the successful origination of the ESG ratings opportunities developed from client & market conversations and support delivery through execution.
- Maintain a strong understanding of cross-sector trends in Sustainability, ESG and climate change, and be able to optimally disseminate information to clients and key partners, both internally and externally.
- Provide clients with strategic insight and commercial solutions supporting them on their ESG ratings and performance as well as their broader sustainability and transition journey.
- Demonstrate strong capability to independently hold ESG discussions with clients and be apt at stakeholder management (both internally and externally).
- A strong, existing external profile in ESG and Sustainability, ideally with client advisory experience.
- A demonstrated track record in ESG ratings and sustainability advisory. Ideally underpinned by practical working experience of knowledge in Green & Sustainability Linked Loan Principles, Green Sustainable and Social Bond Principles, UN Sustainable Development Goals, Climate Bonds Initiative, EU Taxonomy, TCFD, and other major ESG Regulations.
- Working experience in DCM advisory and execution
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Birmingham, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A