Website Los Angeles World Airports
The following functions may be performed in variable weather and environmental conditions such as jet engine fumes, dust, or jet engine noise.
- Inspect and maintain ground support equipment used in operations.
- Troubleshoot, repair and/or overhaul ground support equipment.
- Check and service ground support equipment with fuel, water, oil and hydraulic fluid.
- Diagnose problems using test equipment and applicable manuals.
- Build and assemble machines or mechanical components according to requirements
- Inspect machines, engines, transmissions etc. and run diagnostic tests to discover functionality issues
- Conduct repairs aiming for maximum reliability
- Perform thorough maintenance on machinery, equipment and systems
- Clean and apply lubricants to machinery components
- Replenish fluids and components of engines and machinery
- Provide consultation on correct maintenance and preventative measures to machine or vehicle users
- Keep logs of work and report on issues
- Completion of GSE paperwork as required.
- Others duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- High School diploma or GED plus one (1) year experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Prior GSE or heavy equipment experience preferred
- Must have your own tools
- Must possess valid driver’s license
- Certification from a vocational school or completion of apprenticeship is a definite plus
- Valid certification (ASE) preferred
Company: Los Angeles World Airports
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A