The successful candidate will be responsible for providing a depth of expertise that combines financial reporting knowledge and practical experience to proactively help clients address their accounting and financial reporting challenges. The successful candidate needs to be malleable and interested in doing ‘a different thing every day’ supporting a large range of functions and individuals. Being a quick learner with an aptitude towards technical accounting and have the organizational skills to juggle competing deadlines are also key. Audit experience or technical accounting experience in industry is beneficial.
The successful candidate should also be savvy with technology applications and excel, to be able to support clients with their implementation of such applications, in addition to data modelling.
- Executing the delivery of accounting advisory engagements under IFRS and take ownership of the engagements from start to finish, which will require strong project management skills, including managing client deliverables and expectations.
- Remain current on applicable and evolving financial reporting standards and securities and regulatory requirements and developing accounting/business issues.
- Assist clients with a broad scope of financial reporting activities, including the preparation of financial statements, preparation of working papers and liaising with the clients’ auditors.
- Assist clients with evaluating the requirements of accounting, reporting and disclosure standards, preparing supporting analyses, including drafting reports and presentations, and analyzing differences between different accounting frameworks.
- Develop fit-for-purpose solutions through obtaining understanding of clients’ preferences and business constraints.
- Work with broader KPMG advisory teams including Management Consulting, Risk Consulting and Deal Advisory, in support of process/control redesign and advising on other business implications to your clients when assessing the impact of accounting change.
- Relevant post-secondary degree and/or CPA, CA (or recognized national accounting designation).
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving capabilities and a desire to enhance technical skills through researching and analyzing accounting standards, including an ability to distill the principle out of complex accounting standards (including basis for conclusions and implementation guidance) and an ability to process complex fact patterns and scenarios.
- Knowledge of the new insurance standard, IFRS 17 Insurance Contracts and IFRS 9, Financial Instruments.
- Experience working in the insurance or financial services industries.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (including preparation of technical memos and presentations), with the ability to ‘uncomplicate the complicated’ by expressing ideas clearly, convincingly and concisely to both external and internal stakeholders.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to deliver assignments on time, as well as manage competing demands, without sacrificing attention to detail.
- Versatility and adaptability to a dynamic and often fast-paced environment.
- Extensive knowledge of Excel and experience with advance functions within Excel including pivot table and VLookup.
- Experience with tactical or strategic system implementation, including data discovery, configuration and/or testing.
- Roles may also require the ability and willingness to travel, sometimes extensively, within Canada and the U.S., as well as internationally (when legally permissible)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, CA
Application Deadline: N/A