- Oversight and leadership of a specific set of MS Engagements, typically no more than 3 across different business lines, but may flex depending on complexity and availability. This includes:
- Line management, support and oversight to all engagement Operational Leads. Financial management of engagements.
- Engagement specific risk & controls, ensuring MS ways of working applied consistently.
- Leading Client service review meetings and being first point of escalation for Client concerns.
- Identifying and implementing best practice and consistent ways of working in conjunction with Head of Operations and peers.
- Deputising for the Director of Operations when required.
- Occasionally performing Operational Reviews, both internally and externally, assessing the relative strengths and weaknesses of a live operation and providing recommendations on steps to improve.
- Work closely with Peers and Operations Director to ensure all new engagements are established effectively from a zero-baseline position, and that once in run, are delivered in accordance with the agreed standards.
- Ensure that Managed Services principles are consistently applied across all clients, engagements, processes and sites to deliver successful and well-controlled outcomes.
- Deal with growth and expansion as per capacity plan leading the activity in liaison with Director of Operations, Operations Support and all onshore and offshore operational sites.
- Ensure engagements are resourced with sufficient well-trained and well-motivated staff performing to their potential in line with current and predicted operational needs throughout the project and in line with changing requirements.
- Conduct operational reviews of existing operations (both on Client site and internally to KPMG), leveraging operational expertise to consult and identify potential process improvements.
- Act as first point of escalation for client relationship activities and provide input, preparation and support to contractual Service Reviews and Senior Leadership Team reporting as appropriate.
- Maintenance of Service Levels in operations, ensuring the client’s interest is protected at all times in complying with statutory regulations and legislation, whilst delivering on Managed Services and wider KPMG goals.
- Liaison with experts and stakeholders from within the Firm to achieve exceptional quality standards across operations, including subject matter experts and proprietary technology owners.
- Identify, diagnose and oversee solutions to reduce sub-optimal business performance.
- Ensure appropriate controls are designed and in place so that potential risk to the Firm is minimised. Handle any reported breaches in accordance with the relevant guidance/central team.
- Initiate and promote improvements to processes and techniques to achieve higher levels of efficiency and effectiveness and to maximise productivity gains.
- Maintain control over engagement operational budgets, demonstrating due care and diligence in exercising operational-level mandates within authority as agreed with client or Operations Director.
- Substantial Proven experience in an operational environment, with at least 3 years at a management level including responsibility for large teams across multiple business lines/departments.
- Budgeting, forecasting and planning experience in an operational environment.
- Awareness of the FCA, CCA, GDPR and other relevant legislation, procedures and processes
- Background in Financial services industry, with exposure to remediation, complaint handling, claims processing and conduct risk reviews in the UK.
- Excellent people leadership skills with strong focus on engagement, coaching & development
- Strong communication and relationship management skills demonstrating client focus.
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills allied to the ability to use information to generate creative solutions to benefit the business.
- Results driven and demonstrates commercial judgement with strong planning and organising skills
- Ability to build strong internal networks within MS and wider KPMG
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, UK
Application Deadline: N/A