Website Kalitta Air
The Warehouse Manager reports to the Ground Services Manager and is responsible for the oversight of all 3rd party warehouse functions for Kalitta.
- Ensure that all Warehouse responsibilities and standards are performed as agreed
- Ensure cargo buildup/breakdown process according to Kalitta Standards and that no pilferage of loss occurs.
- Retain or take note of the filing locations for import arrival documents for possible claim response at a later date. Manage and be aware of POD’s including pieces and any damage noted on the POD’s.
- Assist Customer Service with researching and resolving claims, missing freight and general disposition.
- Provide a weekly standards report for all warehouse discrepancies and other issues to Ground Services
- Ensure that all cargo from inbound flights is checked into the AMS and warehouse cargo management system noting shortages/overages/damaged cargo.
- Ensure all customers are notified cargo is cleared and available for pick up based on Kalitta standards.
- Monitor and ensure that Warehouse staff is monitoring ULD control and sending messages as required. Manage control over all company-owned/leased ULDs, cargo restraint equipment, and reconciliation of UCR’s. Coordinating with local warehouse vendors for the collection and reconciliation of UCRs (ULD Control Receipts).
- Ensure Customer requests for missing cargo are responded to by warehouse staff
- Conduct weekly operations meeting with warehouse management to review operations and to develop necessary corrective actions.
- Ability to read, write and understand spoken and written English.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to give verbal and written direction to fellow employees as well as vendors.
- Ability to perform basic math calculations using mental math as well as a calculator.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to push, pull, and lift 50lbs on a repeated basis.
- Successfully pass a background check to receive airport and company badging.
- Excellent verbal and written (e-mail) communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to travel to other Kalitta locations to assist or cover leave time
- Previous airline ramp and warehouse experience.
- Must be available for flexible hours.
- High school graduate; some college and/or technical school desirable.
- Must have a working knowledge of world geography as well as knowledge of air cargo / ground operations.
- Previous ULD tracking or logistics experience preferred.
Company: Kalitta Air
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
Application Deadline: N / A