Website JP Morgan
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. The Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
Wholesale Payments is a Line of Business within the CIB. As examples of our size, complexity and criticality to the global financial system, we process more than 106 million transactions worth $6 trillion daily; process payments in more than 120 currencies and receive payments in more than 40 countries and 80% of Fortune 500 does business with us.
The Engineering & Architecture function is a small central team that operates horizontally across the 5,000+ technologists delivering business solutions in the Wholesale Payments Technology organization. We have responsibility for setting standards, policies and driving the documentation and adoption of pragmatic architectural patterns as we establish consistency and optimized technical outcomes in support of our aggressive business goals.
We operate principally across six main domains: Enterprise architecture, information architecture, technical architecture, infrastructure architecture, security architecture and engineering. With the group of highly technical SMEs in E&A, we have a very strong matrix alignment across each of the domains throughout the Wholesale Payments Technology organization to inform and agree the output from E&A to ensure appropriateness and to facilitate localized help in driving adherence and identification of agreed exceptions.
- Expertise in application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Experience in risk and risk control compliance
- Strategic thinking and passion for business strategy and business processes
- Fluency in architecture and design across all systems
- Adept at working in globally diverse teams across different time zones and forging relationships with key business stakeholders and development teams
- Effective communication and presentation skills both to business and technical audience
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
- Experience in Treasury Services, Global Transaction Banking or spefically the Payments domain, as a technologist supporting the business, would be a distinct advantage.
- Excellent and proven analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to decompose a large problem into smaller executable pieces
- Knowledge in at least one area of technical architecture
Qualification & Experience:
- Significant amount of working experience in financial services technology
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
Company: JP Morgan
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bournemouth, South West England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A