Website JP Morgan
The Regulatory Project and Control team is a dedicated group of internal and client facing resources that are focused on delivering against large scale change initiatives that span across business units to address Industry, Business and Client requirements across the Markets Operations organization. The team provides a unique mix of project skills and product experience that are not tied to a specific business unit enabling it to provide a consistent, high-quality and responsive approach to the way we manage and execute change across the Corporate and Investment Bank.
The group is also responsible for project delivery and operational controls across the FX, Commodities and Rates Middle office. This aspect of the role entails facing off to many internal groups, including compliance, legal, business management, business control and LOB support groups.
A high profile role, the FX and Rates Middle Office is looking for a Senior Associate to take up a role in the Regulatory Project and Control team, interfacing internally to ensure that JP Morgan builds and tests appropriate technology in order to meet its multi-jurisdictional obligations (MFIDII, ESMA, CFTC, CA, SFTR, SEC+).
Leading by example and driving others on, you will need to assume a strong regulation and infrastructure knowledge to ensure a first class service to Mgmt, Technology and other internal stakeholders. The ability to be flexible and work with different teams to solve complex problems and to bring issues to closure will be critical.
As part of the role you will need to effectively partner with numerous teams such as Execution Services, Sales Support, Legal, Compliance, Middle Office and IB wide PMO teams on a daily basis.
- Strong risk and controls awareness
- Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, at all levels
- Proficiency in one or more business disciplines or functions
- Good organisational skills
- Knowledge of global and line of business project management standards and methods
- Exposure to or experience of operational control
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Have a proactive, focussed approach, looking at continuous ways to improve the control and operational environment.
- Understanding of client reference data
- Experience of OTC derivative processing/lifecycle, in one or multiple asset classes
- Excellent delivery record in previous roles, ability to manage changing priorities and high volume processes
Qualification & Experience:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Experience project managing multiple projects
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Strong PC skills e.g. Excel (Macro), PowerPoint
Company: JP Morgan
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A