Website JP Morgan
Within JPMorgan Chase, Merchant Services is a leading provider of merchant services, offering proprietary platforms that enable integrated solutions for all payment types, including credit, debit, prepaid stored value and electronic check processing as well as digital, alternative and mobile payment options.
Inside the Merchant Services Production Management team, we are expanding the team in India and we are looking for a team lead in our Application Management group, based in Mumbai. Specifically this role will manage the teams in charge of supporting the Funding, Reporting, SMB and Onboarding applications. This position is global in reach, working with teams across the US, Singapore, India and Ireland. Our business is highly innovative, and technologies we rely upon are ever changing. Our teams are agile in nature, and are rapidly taking on new capabilities, tools and methods including Automation, DevOps, Continuous Integration and Cloud. Successful candidates will demonstrate technical acumen across a broad reach of technologies, and have the proven ability to adapt to an ever changing environment.
This is a hand-on leadership position, you will be expected to own one of the application towers during India time zone, as well as provide leadership to the teams in the location.
- •Manage L2 teams for Merchant Services in-house applications.
- Provide leadership during India time, as needed, to resolve application problems. This includes driving incident and problem management during India time.
- Ensure team members performs daily health checks of the applications, scripts, and infrastructure supporting these tools.
- Ensure timely Monitoring and Resolving of incidents and alerts.
- Research issues escalated from Operations internal alerts, Help Desks, Support Groups and other departments
- Work closely with technology (applications, network and infrastructure) and business resolvers to gather details regarding incidents impacting higher volume, ‘premier’ clients.
- Provides accurate problem identification, ticket documentation and customer/vendor dialogue
- Evaluate service level issues and suggest enhancements. Through regular review of incident and problem metrics, perform trend analysis
- Provides activity, progress and status reports to management and keeps management posted of any critical issues
- Design, document and enforce escalation policies and procedures
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience.
- At least 8 years’ experience in IT industry, with wide experience managing applications in production.
- Merchant Services experience is highly recommendable, specifically the merchant funding functions.
- Deep knowledge of payments systems would be an advantage.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including verbal, written, and listening skills with the ability to influence and lead others.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Self-Starter with the ability to identify, troubleshoot, and skilled in problem solving and decision making.
- Proven ability to multi-task, prioritize and attention to detail in a fast paced ever changing environment.
- Ability to interact with individuals on all organizational levels.
- Able to work under pressure to resolve issues affecting the production services.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Working knowledge of Control M and ETL technologies.
- Working knowledge of UNIX, Stratus, Tandem and operating system functionality will be a plus.
- Working knowledge in one or more general purpose programming languages, ideally Python, plus an interest in learning other coding languages and skills as needed.
- Working knowledge of development toolset to design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
Company: JP Morgan
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra, IN
Application Deadline: N/A