Website City of Victoria
Coordinate and participate in the budget, financial and business planning functions of the Fleet and Power Equipment Sections.
- Assist the Manager of Fleet in the development of budgeting and financial planning strategies, and fleet administration responsibilities for the sections in relation to the asset management strategy. Coordinate the administration of the regulatory compliance needs of the sections including commercial driver abstract administration.
- Determine cost tracking and budgeting business needs, identify business requirements and implement related changes based on those needs with consultation and input from the Manager of Fleet. This includes finding efficiencies in, and making improvements to, the corporate fleet asset cost capture and use of asset lease models.
- Monitor, analyze and report on cost accounting/asset management. Coordinate with Asset Management and Finance to develop asset management and maintenance management systems to improve cost tracking.
- Coordinate the process and guide fleet and power equipment supervisory and management staff in the development of departmental fleet and equipment operating budgets. Prepare monthly and annual budget tracking reports, such as over/under budget reports, expenditure curves, revenue to expense comparisons and analysis of variance of actual to budget. Prepare financial performance reports with supporting documents on operating and capital projects and programs. Work with supervisor to finalize documentation and deliver information.
- Coordinate and provide liaison with city wide end user groups on the administration, annual renewal and ongoing ICBC insurance requirements of all licensed vehicles and equipment.
- Track and report the financial progress of ongoing capital and operating budgets: provide section staff with fleet and equipment analysis and advice in areas such as trending, analysis of material cost changes, and analysis of labour/cost shifts. Prepare reports for the supervisor for presentation to senior management. May be required to assist in presentation.
- Maintain the financial components of fleet by determining and adjusting budget, calculating depreciation, overhead and charge out and vehicle lease fee and recovery rates; support the manager in the determination of the appropriate inter-departmental charges; prepare and process journal vouchers for various departments.
- Provide accounting support for Fleet and Power Equipment sections including budget preparation, analysis, GL Inquiries, opening and closing work orders and assisting with process reviews. Create and manage manual and computerized files and databases. Analyze financial and operational information to compile and produce a variety of complex costing and statistical spreadsheets and reports, such as revenue, expenditures, variances and benchmarking of industry standards for recommendations to Manager.
- Contact outside agencies and other departments such as ICBC, National Safety Council, Insurance Brokers, Police and Fire Departments to obtain or provide information. Reconcile a variety of monthly billings; sort and distribute incoming correspondence; code invoices and forward for payment; receive purchase order documents and forward for payment.
- Perform related duties where qualified.
- 3 years of related experience including experience in fleet management or asset management / maintenance operations.
- High School Graduation.
- Deal effectively with the public and outside agencies.
- Formal Education, Training and Occupational Certification:
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Organize and prioritize work.
- Maintain accurate records.
- Required to sign an attestation of confidentiality.
- Current and valid Class 5 B.C. Driver’s Licence
- Type 60 wpm; working level operation of current City of Victoria word processing and specialty software.
- Diploma in Business Administration or related field. (2 years)
- Understand and apply the techniques of financial accounting, budget and business processes, and fleet management principles.
- Advanced level operation of current City of Victoria spreadsheet programs.
- Strong time management and prioritization of tasks
Company: City of Victoria
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Victoria, BC, CA
Application Deadline: N/A