This role is for an Individual Contributor for Windows Patching Fulfillment POD, which is one of the newly established agile POD within Distributed Compute. The goal of these new pods is to provide a first-class user experience to HSBC staff, keeping HSBC Windows server estate compliant, and adding increased levels of automation to our platform. Our ambition is to deliver an industry-leading platform: Highly automated, highly self-service, highly secure, and highly resilient. We will do this by developing world-class automation and integrating with the wider HSBC infrastructure environment, through the activities of the agile pods.
- Patch servers during the initial stage and use the experience gained during this time to suggest any improvement on man, machine, method or material.
- Provide L2/L3 support to the team.
- Write Windows infrastructure as code to automate and streamline tasks. Building orchestration automation capabilities to support the execution of operational activities.
- Work closely with the POD Lead to provide staff leadership and technical direction on the owned technologies
- Act as a change agent for sustainable continuous improvement, identifying and removing organizational barriers affecting the team, processes and products owned by working closely with the POD Lead
- Drive an agile mind-set within the team by adopting the practices and processes identified as being required for our new fulfilment pods, leveraging agile delivery methods, associated frameworks (e.g., Kanban) and Bank tools (e.g., JIRA) to do this
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills with clear communication
- Ability to collaborate with different roles to achieve common goals
- Experience of managing an agile infrastructure support team
- Strong interpersonal skills – ability to influence, lead and drive teams to deliver, good judgment, assertiveness, high level of communication skills to achieve effective stakeholder management, build consultative relationships, and ability to collaborate directly with a variety of clients (business, development, compliance, etc.)
- Proven ability to articulate complex issues concisely, suitable for all levels across the HSBC group. Ability to interact with and coach senior executives.
- Knowledge of Lean Sigma practices, Innovation, Assertiveness.
- Commercially astute, ability to balance and assess risk vs. reward, maximizing cost effectiveness and profitability for functions and/or business lines
- Needs to be resourceful and demonstrate innovation
- Respectful of different cultures, working with colleagues from across all the globe.
- Industry-standard certifications in the technology area of work would be preferred
Qualification & Experience:
- BE/BTech degree or equivalent experience
- At least 12-15 years of relevant IT experience.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Khammam, Telangana, IN
Application Deadline: N/A