We’re looking for progressive minds who are driven and forward-thinking, who are open to different ideas and cultures, who can connect with customers and colleagues and who’ll work with courageous integrity every day.As an HSBC employee in Australia, you’ll have access to tailored professional development opportunities, competitive pay, an embedded flexible working culture and a range of employee benefits. These include market-leading subsidised private health cover, enhanced parental pay and support when returning to work, subsidised banking products and services and wellness programmes including discounted gym memberships. At HSBC, Global Communications is focused on protecting and enhancing the reputation of the bank. We believe in the power of storytelling. We pride ourselves on being a high-performing, ambitious and innovative Communications team both globally and in Australia. In Global Communications, we provide the businesses and geographies we support with top-class media relations, strong strategic counsel on reputation and issues management, creative content and importantly leadership and employee engagement that builds pride amongst our employees and proactively strengths our reputation.
- Execute Global campaigns in Australia
- Support with our media relations activities: help with media targets, build media relationships, train our spokespeople and create media stories, briefs and speeches for our executives
- Deliver internal content, campaigns, and news to our HSBC Australia employees
- Support and execute events, whether they are internal for our executives, external for the media – both virtually and in-person as part of our leadership communications efforts
- Support with media and reputational issues
- Create, develop, and execute campaigns and activities including press releases, media interview briefs for spokespeople, social media content, infographics and other multimedia, videos, as well as write compelling internal news stories
- Experience with Australian journalists/media is an advantage, including dealing with crises, supporting with proactive media relations activity, and social media management is a plus.
- Strong presentation and communication skills are a must.
- The ability to influence, negotiate and face of to senior stakeholders is advantageous.
- Knowledge of the Australian media landscape and financial services industry a plus.
- A sharp focus on operating as one-team, with a can-do attitude and eagerness to learn and contribute is of the utmost importance.
- Having digital, multimedia, social and video skills will put you in good stead.
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in corporate communications, media relations, PR, employee communications or content roles at an agency or in-house is a must.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Brisbane, Queensland, AU
Application Deadline: N/A