As part of the Office of the CEO, the candidate will be an integral part of a three-person team contributing to the development, articulation and execution of the HSBC Canada and Americas strategies through comprehensive analysis, preparation of presentations and reports to senior executives, participation in discussions assessing strategy execution, and stakeholder management across HSBC Canada and the Americas.
The candidate will drive the team’s efforts by supporting analysis and document production for a range of projects, including strategic and business performance reviews for HSBC Canada and other ad-hoc projects. The candidate will also support the production of strategic execution progress reporting provided to the senior leadership team in Canada, the CEO and the HSBC Bank Canada Board.
In addition, the successful candidate will support the Chief of Staff in risk management activities including Strategic Risk management, business continuity planning and business information risk management.
- Manage the local (Canada) process governing changes to the Group’s Corporate Structure (7.1 process) as defined in Strategy FIM.
- Manage weekly team meetings and regular team offsites including managing agenda, team work plan and tracking progress to ensure timely execution of team deliverables.
- Support the Chief of Staff with management of department financial targets, budget management and FRP planning.
- Support the Chief of Staff and Senior Manager Strategy & Planning with analysis for a wide range of projects including strategic planning, business reviews and other ad hoc requests.
- Manage Risk and Control process for the Chief of Staff/Strategy and Planning team, including risk identification, control monitoring and reporting as required.
- Provide executive support to Chief of Staff with scheduling, calendar management, travel arrangement, expense reports and budgets.
- Lead and manage BRCM and BIRO activities for the department by delivering meaningful risk management through the Group’s Operational Risk Framework and BIRO program.
- Complete a variety of administrative and support duties, including maintaining department records, policies and e-filing system, technology requests, ordering and maintaining stationery supplies, and accounts payable.
- Be responsible for Business Continuity duties, plans and exercises for the Chief of Staff/Strategy and Planning team.
- Support in the planning and coordination for EXCO tactical meetings, Business/Function Performance Reviews and EXCO Offsites.
- Coordinate, manage and drive preparation of monthly Strategic Risk reporting, collaborating across all three Global Businesses.
- Own and update relevant procedures to document department processes.
- Support management of the CEO Scorecard, tracking performance of both financial and non-financial metrics including coordination with
- Americas region and Global Businesses and Functions to ensure accurate and timely reporting.
- Support the Senior Manager Strategy & Planning in tracking Key Performance Indicators for strategy execution as well as other ad hoc reporting including the preparation of quarterly reporting to HBCA CEO, EXCO and Board.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work independently, set and manage own agenda, while ensuring alignment with stakeholder priorities.
- Minimum of university degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3-5 years proven business reporting, analysis, project management or business administration experience or equivalent.
- Capable of working with a variety of stakeholders across all levels of the organization, with the ability to exercise discretion on confidential matters.
- Proficiency with technology and ability to learn new software programs is essential.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proven written and verbal communication, project management, planning, organizational, analytical, problem-solving, collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines in a fast-paced, high-profile environment.
- Comfort with numbers and business strategy.
- Knowledge and experience in Risk Management and Information Risk Control is preferred.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, CA
Application Deadline: N/A