Partners with R&D and New Product Introduction (NPI) Supply Chain groups to successfully introduce new products into world-wide production. Product Engineers interface with R&D, factory process engineering, Test Engineering and reliability engineering to solve product quality or yield problems. Responsible to sustain products through cost reductions seeking yield improvements. Analyzes samples of defective units/sub-assemblies, reports the results to the appropriate design engineering, manufacturing engineering, test engineering and quality engineering team(s) as well as to the manufacturing group or area and/or vendor where the issue occurred, and recommends or implements changes to the product or process as applicable.
- Leads project teams of other product engineers and internal and outsourced development and manufacturing partners responsible for all stages from new product introduction through end of lifecycle for multiple products.
- Provides domain-specific expertise and overall product engineering leadership and perspective to cross-organization projects, programs, and activities.
- Drives innovation and integration of new technologies and quality initiatives into projects and activities in the manufacturing engineering organization.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members.
- Manages and expands relationships with internal and outsourced partners for product manufacturing and development.
- Reviews and evaluates product designs and project activities for compliance with manufacturing guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback based on results to improve product quality and mitigate risk of product failure.
- Extensive experience with using engineering tools and software packages to test, design, and evaluate products and manufacturing processes.
- Conducting reviews of material specifications and hardware and electrical component design and manufacturing processes.
- Evaluating forms of empirical analysis, modeling and testing methodologies to validate product designs and specifications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
- Ability to effectively communicate manufacturing architectures, plans, proposals, and results, and negotiate options at senior management levels.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
- 12+ years of relevant experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Hubli-Dharwad, Karnataka, IN
Application Deadline: N/A