Handelsbanken is a relationship bank, built around satisfied customers, financial strength and traditional values. We believe banking should be local and personal, and that the interests of our customers should always come first. Founded in Sweden in 1871, Handelsbanken operates in many of the world’s most significant economies, providing banking and financial support to customers in the UK, across Scandinavia and the Netherlands. The Bank first established a UK presence in 1982 and now has a network of over 200 branches throughout Great Britain.
- Preparation of facility letters and all other account documentation;
- Ongoing and annual account reviews to ensure compliance with the Bank’s documentation and other requirements;
- Account administration of new and existing customers including significant direct customer contact and providing excellent customer service (i.e. involvement with set-up and demonstrations to customers of electronic banking services);
- Involvement and liaison with internal departments, especially Customer Due Diligence, Anti-Money Laundering Remediation and Legal to ensure the branch AML and Know Your Customer records meet the highest regulatory standards;
- Liaison with other internal departments and external counterparties to ensure the highest levels of (i) customer service and (ii) excellent administrative order are delivered;
- Support of local marketing initiatives; assist the branch in building positive and long lasting relationships with local professionals, whilst undertaking daily responsibilities;
- General office management and providing support to the whole team regarding health & safety issues, compliance, general administration, self-assessment etc;
- Completion of all documentary requirements for lending facilities following credit approval through to drawdown, including instructing and being the ongoing liaison with lawyers and valuers, ensuring all conditions precedent are satisfied prior to draw down and any conditions subsequent are closely followed up and actioned in a timely manner;
- Confidently acting as a ‘gate keeper’ to maintain high and robust levels of operational & administrative rigour;
- Have a good understanding of Handelsbanken business operations & culture.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbally).
- Have a key eye for detail and a methodical approach.
- Have a desire to excel and attend to all aspects of work with a “right first time” attitude.
- Be a team player with a good ability to work independently as well.
- Have energy, enthusiasm, pro-activity, flexibility and a positive attitude.
- Have a very good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Have a broad understanding of banking and a sound knowledge of UK banking.
- Be focused on delivering very high levels of customer service.
- Have experience of dealing with lending, security and documentation for both personal and business transactions.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Birmingham, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A