We’re looking for new talent to join us as we reinvent the future of energy. Across BC, we have a diverse team of more than 2,400 employees we can’t do without, yet we’re growing as fast as ever.The Communications, Protection & Control Technologist is responsible for the conduct of installation, maintenance and repairs on all telecommunication, electrical apparatus and equipment to ensure safe and efficient power system operation.
- Carry out specialized tests required to analyze and assess inherent faults or conditions including power quality and radio or television frequency interference.
- Compile and record test data on telecommunications, relay characteristic tests and other associated electrical equipment.
- Install, test and commission a wide range of generation, substation and terminal station communication and protective schemes.
- Assess and organize those conditions that must be dealt with in the installation and maintenance of telecontrol equipment such as, two-way radios, repeater sites, microwave radio, powerline carrier, supervisory control, telemetering equipment, telecontrol standby power equipment and security systems.
- Read, interpret and troubleshoot complex protective relaying schemes and determine any corrective actions needed to solve problems.
- As required, undertake cost estimates, basic designs, job planning, scheduling, work documentation and reports.
- Liaise with other internal or external parties to provide technical expertise as required.
- Willing and able to provide technical training in areas covered under job duties to others in the workforce including those at a lower employee classification.
- Journeyman Electrical Tradesman (Red Seal) or Power System Electrician (PSE).
- Practical experience in the use of tools and electrical testing equipment.
- Must be holder of a valid Class 5 Driver’s License.
- Practical experience in work related to generating, substation or terminal station equipment.
- Must possess a strong computer background.
Qualification & Experience:
- Diploma in Electrical, Electronics or Instrumentation Technology.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Red Deer, Alberta, CA
Application Deadline: N/A